fourteen.

2014
Washington, D.C.

"Doctor I think I might be sick."

Kennedy looks up from her computer screen to see Natasha entering the med bay, dressed in her shield uniform. That meant she was going on a mission and for once, Kennedy knew exactly what her mission was. 

"What seem to be your symptoms?" Kennedy asks, going along with Natasha's act.

"Missing my girlfriend too much," Natasha says, "Would you happen to have a cure?"

"Kisses tend to work," Kennedy suggests.

"Okay," Natasha says as she walks over toward Kennedy's desk. Kennedy rolls her chair from under her desk, spinning to look at Natasha, but doesn't expect for her to take a seat in Kennedy's lap, throwing her arms around Kennedy's neck.

She leans in and kisses Kennedy soundly on the lips. When she pulls away, she smiles brushing strands of hair out of Kennedy's face.

"Hi," she whispers softly.

"Hi," Kennedy says, "Are you leaving?"

"This will be a quick one," Natasha tells her, "A couple of hostages."

"Which means I will be working late," Kennedy mutters.

"Means you'll be able to greet me when I get back," Natasha says with a smile.

"I suppose," Kennedy responds.

"You suppose?" Natasha asks, raising a single eyebrow.

"I'll be there," Kennedy says, "I'll hug you and then I'll kiss you all on your face, like this."

Kennedy peppers Natasha's face with kisses and the spy laughs in response. Kennedy smiles up at Natasha when she pulls away.

"I love you," Natasha says softly.

"I love you too," Kennedy responds, "Come back to me, okay?"

"You know I always do," Natasha says before stealing one more kiss from Kennedy. It turns into another kiss and soon Natasha and Kennedy are just making out in the med bay without a care in the world.

"Romanoff-"

Steve cuts himself off and politely averts his gaze from the two women.

Natasha pulls away from Kennedy, her tongue tracing over her lower lip as she stands from Kennedy's lap. Kennedy swivels in her chair so that she's facing the oldest Avenger. She lifts her hand in a wave.

"Hi Steve!"

"Hi Kennedy," Steve says, still not looking at her, "Busy day?"

"Not really," Kennedy responds, "You?"

"It'll get busy later," Steve tells her.

"Hey um would you be interested in going on a blind date?" Kennedy asks.

"A blind date?" Steve asks with a laugh.

"You know what? We can discuss it later," Kennedy says with a smile. She looks over at Natasha, "You. Protect my favorite Avenger, okay?"

"Yeah whatever," Natasha tells her as she heads out of the med bay.

"I love you!" Kennedy shouts.

"Love you too!"

Kennedy laughs to herself and rolls her chair back up to her desk as she looks at the computer screen. Feeling a bit nervous, Kennedy stands up and heads toward the entrance of the med bay, inputting the codes to lock the doors.