twenty-four.

2015
Sokovia

Kennedy stares at Tony's newest creation through the glass. The group had settled on calling him Vision and in the center of his head sat one of the six Infinity Stones, making him more powerful than any of them.

"I got a hit on Natasha's location," Clint says as he joins her, "She's in Sokovia."

"How do you know?" she asks him, not wanting to get her hopes up unless it was a sure thing.

"Morse code," Clint tells her with a smile, "We used to use it on missions back in the day."

"She's okay?"

"Ultron's got her locked up but other than some scratches and bruises she is all good," Clint tells her, and Kennedy nods her head feeling an overwhelming amount of relief. In another room sat Pietro and Wanda, the Maximoff twins were huddled closely talking to one another.

"What's next for them?" Clint asks curiously.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean there's no way they're working with the team," Clint tells her, and Kennedy quirks an eyebrow.

"And why not?"

"Because we just had a team bonding experience where we talked through our feelings, and they missed it. There's also the fact that less than twenty-four hours ago they wanted us dead," Clint says with a shrug.

"You're retiring," Kennedy says as she looks at Clint, "Nat's probably out in three years, and knowing Pepper, so is Tony. You need new bodies. Young ones. I honestly think Pietro and Wanda are Avenger's material."

"And who else are you adding to the new Avengers draft class?" Clint asks her and Kennedy shrugs.

"Sam and Rhodey would be good picks. So would Alex," Kennedy says, "Maybe it's time for a new generation of heroes. Maybe this is the answer that Tony was so desperately searching for."

"It sounds easy," Clint says, "Passing the torch."

"I know it's harder than it sounds," Kennedy states, "And it's not something that needs to be done instantly. These things are gradual."

Kennedy looks through the glass at Vision who was looking out of the window, his cape billowing softly behind him.

"Who knows," Kennedy says, "Maybe Vision makes the new Avenger's draft class as well."

She heads out of the room and heads toward Vision. He hears her coming and looks over at her, his head tilting curiously as he looks at her.

"Dr. Kennedy Allen," he greets, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Thank you," Kennedy says with a smile, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well."

"Please forgive me if I come off incorrectly. I've only been in this body for an hour and I'm still trying to figure out the proper way to effectively communicate with everyone. It was probably rude to simply state your name rather than ask for it as people commonly do when meeting a stranger."

"It's fine," Kennedy insists, "I'm flattered that you knew my name."

"You're quite high up in the database," Vision informs her, "Congratulations on your engagement."

"Is that in the database?" she asks curiously, wondering how he knew that.

"Oh no," Vision tells her as he points to her finger, "I noticed that you were wearing a ring on your finger."

"Oh," Kennedy says with a laugh, "Thank you. My fiancé is currently being held captive by Ultron."

"Natasha Romanoff," Vision states, "May I ask what you intend to do when we confront Ultron?"