thirty-two.

2016
Location Unknown

The coordinates Steve had sent her led to a worn-out warehouse that was on the river and made Kennedy feel as though she was going to be kidnapped or murdered. After the day she'd had, neither would really surprise her.

She was going to have to reschedule her flight. If Natasha knew she'd miss her plane, she would be pissed. If she knew she missed her plane to see Steve, she might not talk to Kennedy for a few days. If she knew Kennedy didn't tell her about Yelena and the Red Room Natasha would kill her.

It was safe to say that Kennedy would have to be on her best behavior for weeks after this.

"Kennedy," Sam called out and Kennedy looked at him.

"This better be good," Kennedy tells him as she follows Sam inside of the warehouse. She stops walking at the sight of Bucky and Steve. Steve stands up and Kennedy shakes her head at him, "He shot Natasha."

"You shot him so technically I think you're even," Steve states and Kennedy glares at him, "Or you're not."

"We will never be even," Kennedy says as she looks at Bucky. He glances at her sheepishly which doesn't make her lessen her glare. Bucky had shot at her and Natasha. Granted he was under mind control when he did it, but she still had a right to be angry.

"I'm sorry," Bucky says, "For any damage or harm that I caused. I wasn't myself. I haven't been in some time."

And those words officially ended Kennedy's beef with the Winter Soldier. It was a sincere apology, and she could tell from the way that Bucky couldn't look her in the eye that he felt guilty and that he meant what he said.

"It's okay," Kennedy tells him, "I forgive you."

Bucky looks up at her and Kennedy smiles at him shrugging sheepishly.

"So," she says looking over at Steve, "Why did you make me miss my flight back to the States?"

"Because I need your help."

"Tony needed my help convincing you to sign the Accords and now you need my help with Bucky. I'm sure he's a great guy, but the team probably won't take him, Steve."

"That's not it," Steve tells her, "Bucky isn't the only Winter Soldier. There is a bigger issue here."

Kennedy raises an eyebrow as she looks over at Bucky, "There are more of you?"

Bucky nods, "They're the most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history and that was before the serum."

"So what you're telling me," Kennedy says, "We have about ten more Buckys to deal with?"

"That is exactly what we're saying," Steve tells her, "Tony, Nat, they're not going to listen to me. But they will listen to you. Everything that's happened, the bombing in Vienna, Bucky's escape, it's all part of a plan to unleash the Winter Soldiers. He said he wanted to see an empire fall."

"The Accords," Kennedy states, "They can't help you."

"Then we'll call Clint. Wanda-"

"Absolutely not," Kennedy states, "Wanda is done with Avenger's business."

"She didn't do anything wrong," Steve tells her, "What happened was an accident."

"You didn't see the toll that so-called accident took on her," Kennedy retorts, "She just turned twenty-one. All she's known is fight after fight. I want her to have some peace in her life."

"We can't stop them alone," Steve tells her.

"Then you take it to the UN council," Kennedy says shrugging, "Steve I'm sorry but there's not much that I can do about this situation."