forty-four.

2018
Manhattan, New York

To surprise Pepper and Tony for their engagement, Kennedy was planning a party for them at the old Avengers tower which Tony had sold, but being the persuasive woman that she was, Kennedy had been able to convince the owner to rent it out to them for the night.

"The venue is booked!" Kennedy exclaims as she places the phone on the bed. Natasha smiles at her before looking down at the notebook she'd been writing in. Curious, Kennedy leans over Natasha's shoulder to find a list of names.

"What are you doing?"

"Remember when we first met, and you told me that you hated your old-sounding middle names?"

"Ah yes," Kennedy says, "That was the first lie you ever told me, Natasha Richardson."

Natasha glares playfully at her and Kennedy smiles, "Our daughter or son-"

"Daughter," Kennedy states, "She is a girl."

"What if she isn't," Natasha says, "Shouldn't we be prepared?"

Kennedy rolls her eyes, "We can discuss it at a later date, but right now this is Elena and I'm riding for her."

Natasha shakes her head, "Anyway, Elena needs a middle name that she'll love since you thought yours was too old."

"I already picked out a middle name," Kennedy states, "Reagan."

"Reagan?"

"Yeah," Kennedy responds, "We'll name her Elena Reagan. Is it basic? Yes. But will it make both of our sisters happy? Of course!"

Natasha laughs, "And if for some strange reason we have a boy?"

"We're not having a boy," Kennedy insists, "But if for some reason a boy is born, we'll name him Franklin Anthony. After my dad and Tony."

"What about Clint?

"Do you really want to name our child Clint?" Kennedy asks, "Our second son will be named Thor. Yeah, Thor is a strong name. Thor Nicholas? Thor Fury? Nicholas Thor?"

"You're banned from naming any future sons," Natasha tells her, "Franklin Anthony is the only exception."

"Fine," Kennedy says as she collapses on top of Natasha and snuggles into her, "At the very least we have baby names."

"Look at us," Natasha says and Kennedy laughs.

"Guys!"

Their bedroom door opens, and Anya enters, laying down on the other side of Kennedy.

"Guess what?"

"What?" Natasha asks.

"I had my first kiss last night! And my second! And my third!" Anya says with a grin, "I've been kissed!"

Kennedy's jaw drops, "No way! Who was it! Where was it? Was it romantic?"

"Kate Bishop, the girl who sent me the skateboard and also happens to be going to Columbia! We got food and went to Central Park and then it just happened and then it kept happening and I think I'm in love."

"Hold your horses," Natasha says, "It was one kiss."

"If Anya thinks she's in love, then she's in love," Kennedy tells Natasha, "Don't ruin this for her."

"Thank you," Anya states, "Anyway Yelena cannot know about this."

"Our lips are sealed," Kennedy tells her.