twenty.

2015
Manhattan, New York

"I can't believe we're in the same city!" Reagan exclaims as she sets a box down on her bed.

"Me either," Kennedy mutters as she looks around her sister's dorm room. Their mom was currently hanging Reagan's clothes in her wardrobe while the youngest of her children looked around the room buzzing with excitement.

"My roommate's name is Monica. She's from Delaware. She was captain of her varsity lacrosse team and she's also a science genius and won some super cool grant from Tony Stark. We've messaged each other on Instagram and we're hoping to both get internships at Stark Industries."

Kennedy sighs. Since Reagan had learned Natasha's true identity, she'd become fixated with being like her. There was no denying that Reagan was smart, she was arguably smarted than Kennedy, having gotten accepted into Columbia. However, she had created a plan where she'd go to the school and get hired by Tony Stark and would save the world.

"Reagan," Kennedy says, "Why don't you just focus on being a freshman in college. Join a sorority, have a terrible experience at a frat party, fight with your friends over a boy. Normal college things."

"I will do that," Reagan says, "But I will also get that internship at Stark Industries."

"Okay," Kennedy says before turning to look over at their mother, "Mom can I help you?"

"No, I've got this," her mom says, "Why don't you and Reagan go walk around campus?"

"Yeah, sure okay," Kennedy says as she looks over at Reagan. The two of them head out of her sister's room and into the bustling hallways as parents and students were moving about nervously trying to find rooms and bring in minifridges.

"So, are you going?"

Kennedy looks over at Reagan curiously as she reaches out to press the elevator button, "Going where?"

"To the Avengers' Benefit?" Reagan asks her, "It's like the Met Gala for nerds. Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Helen Cho? It doesn't get much better than that."

Kennedy rolls her eyes, "I'll be there," Regan opens her mouth, and Kennedy interrupts her, "No I cannot smuggle you in."

"What kind of sister are you?" Reagan asks as they step into the elevator.

"A good one," Kennedy tells her, "It's an Avenger's benefit, not an Avengers' plus Reagan benefit."

"You're an ass," Reagan tells her, and Kennedy shrugs.

"Takes one to know one."

The elevator stops on a floor and a girl steps inside. Kennedy pays her no mind, but she watches as Reagan seems to inch closer to her and away from the girl.

"Are you a freshman too?" the girl turns to Reagan and asks.

"Yes," Reagan replies.

"Sweet," she says, "My name is Kiara."

"Reagan," her sister answers shortly. Kennedy glances over at Reagan, wondering why her sister was being weird. Typically, she was a chatterbox and would talk someone's ear off but now she was being quiet.

"Would you maybe want to hang out?" Kiara asks, "I haven't really met anyone and my roommate hasn't arrived yet."

"Uh yeah. Sure," Reagan says and Kiara smiles at her.

"Awesome! Can I get your number?"

"My number?" Reagan asks and Kiara nods her head, "Yes, my number."