fifteen.

2014
Washington D.C.

"So, how's working with Alexandria Bradley been?" Kennedy asks Sharon as the two of them get lunch together while Steve was out of the apartment which meant that Alexandria was trailing him, giving Sharon time to spend with Kennedy.

"She doesn't talk much," Sharon says, "I get the feeling she doesn't like or trust me."

"She'll warm up to you," Kennedy insists, "You're kind of a likable person."

Sharon grabs her glass of water, "Natasha doesn't seem to think so."

"Natasha thinks that you want to sleep with me."

"I don't, FYI," Sharon assures her as she sets her glass down and Kennedy laughs.

"I know, Sharon," Kennedy confesses, "It's kind of funny though, seeing the ever cool, calm, and collected Natasha Romanoff get jealous over little ole me."

"You sadistic monster, you're enjoying this," Sharon says with a smile, "Is that why you're friends with me? To make her jealous?"

"No," Kennedy says, "It's just a bonus benefit of our friendship."

"You're terrible," Sharon tells her.

"So, I know I said I'd set you up on a blind date, but I'm having a hard time figuring out who to set you up with so if you could just give me a file on the people you've dated in the past, that would be great."

"I'm not giving you a file."

"Not even a name?"

"No," Sharon tells her, and Kennedy sighs.

"Fine," Kennedy grumbles, "Just don't complain to me about being single anymore."

"I'll continue to do that because it annoys you and that is my number one goal in life," Sharon tells her with a smile.

"And I'll continue to let Natasha think you have a crush on me because it annoys you and that is my number one goal in life," Kennedy says with a grin and Sharon rolls her eyes.

"What about Bradley?" Kennedy asks.

"Alexandria? My current partner on a mission?" Sharon asks her and Kennedy nods her head, not seeing the issue, "Did you miss the part where I said she doesn't like me?"

"Hey, some of the greatest love stories of all time started with two people disliking each other. Pride and Prejudice, Bridget Jones's Diary, Much Ado About Nothing?"

"One, Bridget Jones's Diary is based on Pride and Prejudice, genius, and Bradley and I are not going to happen so stop meddling in my love life."

"But it's so fun!" Kennedy says, "And you know what they say, before you meddle in someone else's life, make sure yours is in order and guess what? My life is so in order that Natasha and I have a timeline for when we're having kids."

"Whoa," Sharon says, "When are you having kids?"

"Four years from now," Kennedy answers.

"That's not too far away," Sharon tells her, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," Kennedy nods, "I think so."

"Is Natasha ready?"

"She says she is," Kennedy states and Sharon narrows her eyes at her as though she doesn't believe Kennedy's answer.

"You don't think she is?"

"It's not that," Kennedy says, "It's just if we have kids then I'm okay walking away from this world. I'm okay walking away from SHIELD, but this is all Natasha's ever known. I don't think she'd be able to give it up so easily, not to mention she's an Avenger."