twenty-two.

2015
Off the Coast of South Africa

"You shouldn't be here," Natasha says softly as she braids Kennedy's hair. They were on the Quinjet flying off to Klaue's base in a salvage yard off the coast of South Africa.

"True," Kennedy says as she looks forward, watching as Bruce listened to classical music, his eyes squeezed shut, "Sorry."

"Don't apologize," Natasha tells her, "I just – how are we going to adjust?"

"Adjust?" Kennedy asks.

"When we're married," Natasha answers, "When we're parents. I don't want our kid to end up like Teddy Lupin because his mommies wanted to defeat Voldemort."

Kennedy chuckles, "Did you just make a Harry Potter reference?"

"I did," Natasha says as she leans down, lips close to Kennedy's ear, "And if you tell anyone I did, I have to kill you."

Natasha kisses her ear before sitting back and continuing Kennedy's braid. Kennedy looks down at her fingers, "I actually had a thought."

"Tell me about it."

"We should have a code word," Kennedy says, "Like if there's a really bad situation and one of us is in danger."

"Okay," Natasha says, "What were you thinking?"

"I don't know," Kennedy shrugs, "What about Bluebird Wine?"

That's unique," Natasha says, "What made you pick that?"

"Emmylou Harris," Kennedy says flushing slightly, "Bluebird Wine."

Natasha grins at Kennedy, "It's perfect."

"Okay," Kennedy says, "So if one of us is ever in a situation and they need the other to come after them instantly, we use Bluebird Wine."

"Hopefully we never need to use that," Natasha says as she finishes Kennedy's braids. She moves to sit on the ground beside Kennedy and notices her nervously fiddling with her fingers and takes her hand, kissing the back of it.

Kennedy looks over at Natasha, "My mom is selling the house."

"Why?"

"It's too expensive now with Reagan going to college and she doesn't want to be alone in Ohio. I told her that she could stay with us, but I want to keep the house. It's all I have left of my dad and Reagan and I grew up in that house. You and I grew up there."

"We'll figure something out," Natasha tells her, "We do know a billionaire."

Kennedy shakes her head, "I don't want to ask Tony to help us. Maybe we can take out a loan or something."

"We could do that interview with People magazine," Natasha says with a smile, "Kennedy and Natasha, the super couple."

Kennedy laughs softly, "You've been avoiding that interview like the plague."

"Yeah, but it could pay for the house," Natasha tells her, "I'd be willing to pretend that we like to cook and have date night."

"I like to cook," Kennedy says.

"Breakfast foods only," Natasha says with a smile and Kennedy nods her head sheepishly.

"Pancakes are so easy! And there's a certain joy that comes with making breakfast," Kennedy defends.

"I'm not judging," Natasha says, "I happen to love your cooking, especially when you make breakfast for dinner."

"Want breakfast for dinner when we get home?" Kennedy asks and Natasha nods her head, "Okay, I'll make you the best breakfast ever."