five.

2012
Springfield, Ohio

The sun was beginning to sink beneath the horizon as they reach the entrance of the carnival. The faint screams of kids on rides filled the air and Kennedy looked over at Reagan to see that a smile seemed embedded on her face.

"You seem excited," Kennedy says as she looks at her younger sister.

"If you tell anyone this, I'll deny it but I'm kind of looking forward to spending time with you," Reagan says, "You're always so busy and I get that you're saving lives and what not, but I miss my big sister."

"Well, your big sister is here, and she has nowhere else to be," Kennedy says as she slings her arm around Reagan's neck.

They reached the gate and Kennedy paid for their tickets, which she handed over to Reagan.

"Is that Natasha?" Reagan says as she points out a redhead who had also just entered the carnival. They walk up to the redhead and when she spots them, a smile instantly crosses her lips.

"Hey, you two."

"Hey," Kennedy greets, "Did you get your tickets?"

Natasha holds them up and Kennedy laughs. For some reason, she just couldn't picture Natasha riding rides or playing carnival games. She seemed too sophisticated for all of that.

"Oh my gosh! It's Aaliyah!" Reagan exclaims before taking off. Kennedy stares at her sister feeling utterly betrayed, especially after Reagan had said that she wanted to spend time together, but teenagers were nothing but liars.

"So much for sister bonding," Kennedy mutters. Natasha chuckles as she holds her tickets out to Kennedy.

"You can share my tickets with me."

"Thank you," Kennedy says.

"So confession time," Natasha tells her as they begin walking through the sea of people, "I've never been to a carnival before."

"Really?" Kennedy asks. She tries to sound surprised, but now that she knew Natasha was her Natasha, she understood why she hadn't.

"Hard to believe, I know," Natasha says with a smile, "So if I don't understand the games, please don't laugh at me?"

"I won't," Kennedy says, "I promise."

She scans the grounds and finds a simple enough game, "Come on."

She and Natasha make their way over to the tent with the water gun. She turns to Natasha with a smile, "At this game, you shoot the water at the target, whoever fills it up the quickest wins a prize."

Natasha laces her fingers together, cracking her knuckles, "Seems simple enough."

Kennedy watches as she hands the worker two tickets and takes a seat in front of the gun. There was that look of intensity in Natasha's eye, and she was a bit more hesitant as she took a seat on the water gun beside the redhead.

"On your marks, get set, go!"

Kennedy aimed the gun at the target but was off by just a bit. Beside her, Natasha was having no problems as her water level shot up and she had finished before Kennedy had even reached the halfway mark.

"Did I win?" Natasha asks as a siren sounds.

"You did," the worker tells her, "You can pick any prize that you want."

"The dog," Natasha answers quickly and the works nods as he reaches up and grabs a spotted stuffed dog before handing it to Natasha. Kennedy watched fondly as Natasha clutched it tightly to her chest. She looked over at Kennedy and then back at the dog before holding it out to her.