twenty-seven.

2016
Manhattan, New York

"Kennedy."

Kennedy groans in her sleep as she rolls over and looks over at Natasha who seemed much more awake than she did. She was laying on her side, head propped up by her hand, watching Kennedy with wide green eyes.

"Nat I just worked a twenty-four-hour shift and I'm tired as hell," Kennedy says, closing her eyes in hope of getting a few more minutes of sleep.

"I had an idea," Natasha says, poking Kennedy's side. She forces one eye open as she looks at Natasha.

"Can it wait?"

"Maybe," Natasha tells her, "But it's pretty interesting."

Kennedy sighs, accepting the fact that she probably wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep. She opens both eyes, and glares at Natasha, "What?"

"Let's get married," Natasha states, "Like right now."

Kennedy's eyebrows furrow, "Are you insane? My mother will murder us."

"She doesn't have to know," Natasha says with a small smile, "It can be our secret."

"Are you suggesting Vegas?" Kennedy asks, "Because I'm on call and I don't think it's a good idea for me to be so far away."

"I'm not talking about Vegas," Natasha says, "I'm talking about going to the courthouse and getting married. We can have a big ceremony later but let's just go ahead and do it. Now is as good a time as ever."

"You're serious?" Kennedy asks.

"So serious," Natasha says, "And it can be our little secret."

"Secrets are sexy," Kennedy says making Natasha grin. She sits up in bed, "Okay I'm in but you're buying me breakfast afterward."

"Deal!" Natasha says as she jumps out of bed and runs to their bathroom. Kennedy laughs as she gets out of bed and follows her at a much slower pace. They brush their teeth while Kennedy looks up what they need to bring to the courthouse.

"Do you have a birth certificate?"

"I have a fake one that looks real," Natasha tells her.

"Do you have a social security card?"

"Yes, and that one is actually real," Natasha tells her, "Courtesy of SHIELD."

"We have driver's licenses; oh, we need to apply for a marriage license. And then we need witnesses," Kennedy states, "I say we get two random people off the street."

Natasha laughs, "Okay."

"Okay," Kennedy says, "And then breakfast and we'll go about our day as though nothing ever happened."

"Never thought I'd say that about my wedding day," Natasha states, "Then again I never really thought I'd have a wedding day so there's that."

"And now you get one!" Kennedy exclaims, "Technically two because my mom will be expecting a real wedding."

"I'd love to marry you twice," Natasha tells her and Kennedy smiles.

They get dressed and grab everything that they need. Kennedy opens the door to Wanda's room only to find that she was still in bed, her arm hanging off the side of the bed and snores falling loudly from her mouth.

"Wanda?"

The snores stop and Wanda opens her eyes and lets out a grouchy, "What?"

"We're going out, we'll be back later," Kennedy tells her, "Do you want us to bring you breakfast?"