Chapter 3[OLD]

I tighten my necktie as I put on a black coat. It's nostalgic, my academy attire. I haven't worn this for a long time. I fold the collar outwards and pull the coat down, straightening it.

A black coat that can be buttoned up to the chest with a white t-shirt inside and a necktie. With the crest of the Academy sowed at the chest of the coat, it is the basic uniform that is worn by the people of the Akatski Academy.

Today is the day I finally return to the Academy. My mother looks at me nervously. It's probably because of my early return back home yesterday.

Mane and lee wear their respective uniform and leaves first. Christina is still sleeping peacefully in her bed.

I wear a bright smile and waved goodbye to my mother. Maybe, my smile brightened my mother as she returns the smile.

The Akatski Academy is located in the third section of the capital at the highest point of the mountain.

I look at the badge on my sleeve. It's a grey badge with the Academy crest carved on it, a griffin, majestic and mighty.

There is a ranking system at Akatski Academy:

From the lowest, grey, bronze, silver, gold, green, blue, and red.

For reference, Irina is at the blue rank and Carl at the silver.

The only buildings in the third section are the Academy, the royal castle, and various mansions that belong to high-ranking nobles.

As I climb up the stairs, I see new faces full of hope and anticipation. They are the new batch of students this year.

Hmm... Most of them haven't even started cultivation except a few already at the first stage of qi condensation. Those people are probably the children of nobles.
Parents of "commoners" used up their entire life savings to admit their children into Akatski Academy. But that is similar to sending their children to death. Akatski Academy is VERY biased. If the student does not have wealth, talent, or status, he or she will suffer torture similar to death.

The teachers will pressure those they look down on, peers will bully without holding back and the teachers won't even bother. Moreover, the professors here are all pieces of shit who are coward nobles. Once they see a commoner with high talent, they will do whatever they can to get rid of them.
In conclusion, this Academy is just a place for nobles to "show off" and has no intention of cultivating future generations.

I need to keep my guard up against everyone.

Irina, Carl, and I are currently in our 2nd year. Graduation will occur in the 4th year.

Standing in front of the Golden Gate connected to the wall surrounding the Academy, all sorts of memories came back... Memories that I do not want to remember.

I take a deep breath and step in. Beyond the gate is a tall building consisting of three parts. The one in the middle is protruding out.

"Oh? Is that him?"

?

Odd, people are paying more attention to me than usual.

"Hey, it's the trash that challenged Carl to a fight!" A male student says. "I advise you not to go to the arena, Carl is waiting for you there."

"Sure, thanks for telling me," I reply.

"What~ he is still going to go?"
"That idiot, kekeke. Let's go to the arena now, let's witness this idiot embarrassing himself."

I ignore all those comments. I'm used to it.

I walk into the building and went to the highest floor. The Arena is located on the roof of the main Academy. It is built in a bowl shape, with seats surrounding the area for spectators.