Chapter 46[OLD]

"Your family will be there," I say.

"That's precisely why I suggested it. Besides, I will be wearing a helmet. They won't be able to see my face." says Clifton.

I gaze at Clifton's stern expression, he is worried about his sister.

"No," I say.

"Why?" Clifton cries out. "I am fairly strong to be your knight, are you doubting-"

"I'm not. it's just...I don't want you to attempt anything unnecessary when seeing your sister. It will only be trouble for me."

"I won't!"

"Trust me, when it comes to a family you love, one will always act out,"

...

"Loi! There you are, we are leaving!" My father calls out to me from behind.

"Just wait here for the news. You may continue training if you feel anxious." I say before leaving for the carriage.

My family is already boarding the transport, I'm the last to step on. Swinging the door close, the servants bow at our leave.

"Hah!" The driver slaps the horse with the rope and they start galloping away.

...

It will not be a very long journey, I should take this time to calm myself down.

"Remember, dear, try your best to not speak anything. Leave that part to Loi and me, they like to judge even what you say and the accent you speak." My mother says, referring to the nobles at the banquet. "Mane, Lee, and Christina. The three of you...can go play outside with your father and make some friends, otherwise stay in your seat alright? Mama will buy all of you some good toys and food!"

"En!" The kids reply in delight, easily bribed by my mother's promise.

"And finally, do not eat any food at the banquet." My mother emphasised. "It may be poisoned. Dear, do you have the ring with the food?" My mother asks my father.

My father nods as he shows his left hand.

My mother has prepared several delicacies that are commonly served during banquets and hid them in a storage ring.

Upon arriving in the capital, we can see several other carriages much more lavish, albeit they have a lower social standing in this country. They are merchants or special guests invited to the banquet.

The streets in the first section remain neutral and normal unlike the king's birthday when the entire capital will be forced into a celebration mode. Truth be told, they have no reason to celebrate the birthday of a prince they don't favour. The majority of the citizen's support was directed at William, a psychopath who hides behind his kind facade, because of his contribution to subjugating monsters and helping villages.

I won't say Kaney is any better either. He is an absurd battle freak who only cares about serving justice and have no experience when it comes to political decisions.

"Tch."

Our carriage comes to a stop behind another carriage, further extending the lines of vehicles surrounding the castle in the third section. I notice a large platform erected beyond the castle's backyard.

...

My family and I walk through the gate and many heads turn.

"That's Loi. He is younger than I thought."
"How lucky, this country has another monster."
"But have you heard? He has commoner origins."
"Is that so? Ha, they won't last long."