Chapter 25[OLD]

Several people gather around Mina and me. They are the captured slaves and prisoners of the bandits, supporting me with Mina.

I look around and see piles of the burned corpse, Mina has eliminated her pursuers with ease.

Parts of my body are still pulsing with electricity but Mina doesn't seem to be bothered.
--------------
Obtained:
Thunder resistance rank B
--------------
Suddenly, the griffin shows up in the sky and flies into the cave through the hole in the top.

!!!!!!!!!!

It lands in front of me before looking around and walking to a pile of rubble. The griffin pushes the rubble aside to reveal a golden egg, presumably stolen by the bandits from the griffin.

The griffin takes the egg and flies off.
One of the feathers came floating down into my hand. A gift?

!

A griffin feather...this is very valuable!!

I keep it in my storage ring as a group of cultivators appears. It is the recon squad of the imperial army who came to check out the commotion.

...

Ugh...

My head throbs with a sharp pain as I fall unconscious.
----------------------------

...

Cold...

It's cold...

And soft...

I open my eyes to realise I'm lying in the snow. Even though it is freezing, I do not seem to be bothered by it.
Looking around, I can see tall blue crystals protruding out of the ground at the horizon far away.

The region of death? What am I doing here?

It's empty. The sky is just pure white. I look around to find a small girl with her back facing me. She is short, about the height of my waist. Her white long silky hair blends into the surrounding snow, I've never seen anything like it. If she laid down in the snow, I wouldn't even notice her.

She seems to be holding a teddy bear and is wearing a white long dress that extends down to her feet.
Suddenly, I notice the snow that I'm standing on, is her hair.

Everything is her hair.

I blank out afterwards and drift back into someplace far away.
--------------

I open my eyes again...

I see a tall marble ceiling and feel a soft bed. I look around. A marble room with a window to the right.

I am in the imperial hospital.
What was that? That dream?
No, is it a dream?

It felt real...

I tried to move my body but every single muscle hurt. Even sitting up is a pain.

A healer magician steps in at that moment to see me and she gasps.
"H-He's awake!" She screams as she runs out.

...

What?

After about an hour, running footsteps can be heard as my family appear at the door.

"Loi!"

They run to me and hug me tightly.

"Ouch ouch ouch!!..."

They loosen their hug when they realise my injury isn't healed.
"You idiot! Why do you have to go that far!" My mother says.

"Do you know how worried we are?!" My father follows up.

Mane, Lee, and Christina are staring at me with tears in their eyes. Their mischievous personality is gone.