37. Strongest Goblin

One blink and the giant disappears. I leap forward as the axe slams down behind me.

*BOOOOM!*

My body somersaults and jumps off again from another relentless attack.

It's fast...for a goblin.

The axe flies down. This time, I hop to the side and back in, throwing a thrust at the neck.

*BINNG!!*

"Ugh?!" I groan.

My sword was deflected by something. I then notice a thin layer of mana emanating from the armour. A red aura bursts from the axe when the goblin swings it. My attempt to dodge by jumping back proves futile when the aura extends.

*BAM!!*

Disorientation and impact hit me, crashing me through a pillar into a pile of bones. My aura envelops my entire body, sustaining a few cuts from that hit.

I hop in and throw several slashes at the gaps between the armour. The goblin blocks every vital strike while trying to counter. Slashes after cuts as violent outbursts of auras clash, painting haphazard marks throughout the throne room.

The goblin puts up its guard, trying to play the stamina game. My sword deviates trajectory into the ground, vomiting a wall of dust obstructing visions.

!

One hack from the axe cleaves the dust, and the reverberating swing ruptures the particles to scatter tumultuously. No one is there.

Eerie yet bright rays pierce through the atmosphere. My sword flashes down from behind, splattering a stream of blood at the tip.

When everything settles, the goblin stands far with a line of red across its chestplate.

"Tch." I click my tongue looking at the goblin.

What a crazy reaction time...it leapt away in the nick of time.

Double layers of black and white surround my blade. The perfect blend of chaos and peace. My attributes place the giant goblin on high alert, it takes off its armour and reveals a diabolical overweight physique contradicting its agility.

Its eyes are red as blood. However, the madness assimilated its battle rationality and experience.

...

The Goblin carry its axe over its shoulders. I ready myself. It swings the axe and the head abruptly shoots out, attached to a chain.

!!!?

I duck a sweeping disaster, the axe head carving a layer across the walls and cutting pillars.

My feet ascend to the falling pillars and spring off towards the goblin while oblivious to the axe chasing me.

"HUMPH!" I throw out my limbs.

My carelessness forces me to expel my internal energy as aura, pushing and saving me from the raging cleave.

*CLANG!*

The axe head joins back the haft in one piece.

"Ugh...huff huff huff..." my body rolls across the floor.

The air around the goblin changes. My slash awoke something.

The goblin swirls the weapon and the twirling axe cleaves through the room like a tornado. My movements ricochet erratically across the room, bouncing the lighting of black and white against the raging red.

*CHING!!*

Every time I go in for an attack, the goblin blocks with the haft and uses it like a staff.

*BANG!* *BOOM!* *BOOM!*

Sparks of aura explode whenever I strike the haft. My sword dives from above, the goblin deflects it and I jump away to avoid the incoming axe.

Huff huff...damn...my attacks are not going through, its aura is twice as strong as mine.

Despite that, I jump in once more. The goblin, familiar with my pattern, raises its axe. Its aura spreads out into an irregular fan and slams down.

*BOOOOM!!*

!?

It hits nothing and suddenly detects many subtle movements. Spectres of my silhouette materialize from all angles, raining retribution as many blades slash through chunks of meat. My last cut throws its left arm into the sky.

"ARGHHHH!!" It cries out in pain.

In an attempt to brush off the invader, the goblin turns off its battle instinct and rapidly swings its weapon. The axe head crashes and breaks everything in its path.

"Huff huff huff..." I hide behind a fallen pillar and glance at my hands. Visible trembling bombards my body; I can barely hold my sword. Beneath my gloves, the skin of my palms peeled off.

Using the Star Trigram Sword Art at the peak of exhaustion sealed it. Amidst the loud onslaught, my eyelids feel heavy.

"Ngh...fuck."

I grip my right arm and stabilize my breathing. This battle cannot last any longer, reinforcements might arrive anytime.

With gritted teeth, I push myself through pain, grip my sword tightly and jump back in.

*PSSSH!!*

I slide below a flailing axe head and cut its stomach, it's not enough. The goblin's aura weakens. I launch my arm at the goblin senselessly, slashing another deep wound. My vision goes blurry; I switch to other senses. Leaping behind the goblin to dodge the retrieving axe, I throw another attack, cutting splatters of blood across the goblin. The goblin, even at its last straw, avoids any lethal strikes.

It was a battle against time, against persistence. My relentless will repeatedly pushes the goblin back, cuts of blood flying at every inch of its body.

The goblin swings its weapon from above, the axe diving towards my body. I jump aside and counter with a parallel slash. My blade cuts through the meat with ease.

*PSSSH!!*

The nefarious weapon soars with the arm, leaving a rainbow of blood.

"KYAGHN!!! UGH!!! ARGHHH!!!" The goblin stumbles back and falls.

"Huff huff huff..."

I drag my legs to the goblin, my sword scratching the ground. I look at it in the eyes and catch a glimpse of light. A glimpse of consciousness.

I place the tip of my blade on its chest.

"Splendid battle," I say.

The goblin, finally facing death, smiles. It neither fears nor hopes.

One final thrust and the cold blade pierce through.

...

It closes its eyes and stops breathing. Joy in its final moments.

Countless thoughts run through my mind as I stare at my hilt. Will I become like them one day? Trapped in the shell of my body, only to watch myself descend into hell.

My worry clenches my chest.

...

------------
Fate: 87120 -> 88120
Karma: 12090->10090

Full extraction is available.

Extract?
[Yes][No]
------------

The strongest goblin I've ever seen...

What is your story?

------------
Your talents have been upgraded:
-Speed Tier 4 -> 5

You've obtained the attribute:
-Strength Tier 1

You've obtained the following skills:
-Linguistic Mastery
(You can easily learn a language)
-------------
-------------
Partial Integration will commence.
-------------