7. The Beginning Of Chaos

Aiden rests beside the horses, caressing their back.

*BOOOOM!!*

An explosion abruptly erupts massive clouds of dirt into the sky. The sound of wood breaking collapses into the ground.

Aiden jumps up.
"What?... Loi?"

==================
10 minutes ago...
==================

Deep in the dense jungle, hidden from prying eyes, lies an orc base. Following the footsteps led me here.

Gnarled and giant nature envelops the base as a natural camouflage, making it nearly impossible to stumble on.

I climb a tree to get a better view.

A network of wooden huts and platforms intertwine the base with a thick log wall around the perimeter bound by ropes. Surrounding the base are spiked wooden barricades and trenches to thwart invaders. The infrastructure is clean and smooth; The base was constructed recently.

Orc warriors, adorned with bone accessories, patrol the perimeter with a variety of crude weapons.

I can smell burning torches and hear bits of chatter. The chieftain's imposing hut rests at the corner.

An established base with history tends to be embellished with the bones of their enemies which explains the clean slate but why set a base here?

Orc bases tend to be around areas they can dominate. In most jungle habitats, wild animals are agile and can fly.

My instincts scream in my head something suspicious.

...

Should I leave?

!!!!

Suddenly, I spot a human in the base. A hooded man wearing a black coat seems to be casting some magic on orcs, mana in the atmosphere flows towards the mysterious figure.

I turn around and leap off.

It's too dangerous. Excessive greed will always lead to death.

"UCK?!" I feel a sudden tightness in my chest, a terrifying chill overwhelms my instinct. I recognise this feeling: the gaze of an overwhelming enemy.

The man noticed me!?

I put everything into my legs and zap away, blasting from branch to branch.

Suddenly, an inexplicable visceral sensation spreads.

My primal instinct forces a jump to the side.

*BOOOOOOOOM!!!*

A tiny and precise ray of purple shoots through my original location, detonating the tree it hits into a festival of flames.

"Hah! Huff! Ah! Fuck!" adrenaline runs wild as I continue my escape.

What is this feeling?

I can tell when an attack is coming.

Relying on the otherworldly instinct, I barely avoid the barrage of rays but that isn't the end.

Piercing lights shower from above. I look up to find a mini-golden ball of the sun.

"T-Tier six magic, Meteorite Strike?!" I exclaim. "That's too much to use against an apprentice knight!"

Wait a second, I still have fate so I shouldn't

-----------
Warning! Plundered fate does not stop imminent death. You are a variable after all.
-----------

What the fuck? You are telling me this now?!