Chapter 38[OLD]

*PISCHHH!!!!!*

Mideus throws a vase on the floor as she tears a piece of paper. She is in her office located at her mansion. The scraps of paper vaguely make out a newspaper discussing a sudden appearance of a star, named Loi.

Mideus scratches her hair as she grits her teeth. She leans her head against the desk, her face contorted into a monster of anger.

"Loi Loi Loi, everywhere I go I keep hearing of his achievements. That fucking brat. That parasite. How dare a mere commoner dare to humiliate my Nelson family! I will kill him I will kill him! That bastard must go..." Mideus mumbles.

Mideus snaps and an assassin appear from behind the curtains. He walks to Mideus and kneels to her, sweating and fidgeting uncomfortably.

"So? Any reports on that brat?" Mideus asks.

The assassin gulps as he says with a shaky voice "h-he...arrested the Azure family and confiscated all of their properties and assets. Currently, they are rummaging through the Azure residence-"

"WHAT?!!!!!!"

Mideus flips the desk as she emits a gush of malicious aura. "Why! Why is nothing going according to plan?! Why!!!!!"

Mideus draws her sword sheathed at her hip and decapitates the assassin she called.

Her grip on the sword loosens as she drops to her knees. Looking at the mirror nearby, an old frail lady in distress can be seen, Mideus didn't put in her makeup and her purple lipsticks are all over the place around her mouth.

"Bastard bastard bastard!!!! No no no!! If they find that demonic sword hidden in the Azure family... What am I going to tell the higher-ups..."

Mideus sheath the sword as she carries herself up. She takes a cane hooked at the door and exits the office, several anxious maids walk into the office with trembling bodies to clean Mideus's mess.

Mideus walks to a room 5 doors away from her office and opens it. It is a bedroom with blood-stained all over the walls. Irina is tied to the bed as Clifton lies unconscious on the floor. Irina's shirt is ripped apart as bruises and cuts engulf her body, her body is dirty and has stains of blood everywhere.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU USELESS BITCH!!" Mideus shouts as she whips the cane at Irina. "WHY DID I RAISE SUCH A WORTHLESS BITCH! YOUR BODY IS THE ONLY WORTH OF YOU!"

Mideus gasps for air as she drops the cane. Her chest hurts from the constant shouting.

"Loi... I swear I will kill your entire family... No, I will torture every single one of you, to the point you will beg me for death!"
-------------------------

We walk into the cave hidden behind the treasury. There isn't any light so I cast a small flame spell on my finger.

Weird, I sense something...people, deep in the cave.

But the amount of accumulated dust...?

Mi places her hand against the wall and closes her eyes. I walk past her and say "there are no traps."

?

"That's reckless." Says Mi.

"There aren't any mana fluctuations in the air, which means there are no traps or spells put into place."

"Mana fluctuations?"

Mi stares at me in confusion but she decides to trust her instinct. An experienced adventurer will discover something called mana fluctuation because of the number of dungeons and explorations we go to. Different things can create different mana fluctuations.