Chapter 45[OLD]

*pssssttttt*

Sitting on a rock below the water, I circulate my mana and integrate my life essence into my body.

...

My skin glows brightly as the feeling of cold water on my skin dissipates. It feels comfortable.

"Phew, this is the first stage of Muscle Reformation," I mumble.

The coldness feels warm and the impact of water felt similar to the soft silk touch.

I walk out of the water.

"Dry," I mumble as mana gathers around my body, evaporating whatever external liquid there is.

Wearing my coat, I reiterate what I learned and memorised from my mother's private lecture. Posture when walking, the tone when speaking, conversations to strike, everything was engraved into my mind.

Now then, there is another issue I am worried about.
-------------------
Due to reclassification, Quest for Sub-Antagonist "Irina" has been edited.

-Kill Irina Nelson(0/1)[Prime Quest]
-Kill Mideus Nelson(0/1)
-Kill Clifton(0/1)
-Eliminate servants of the Nelson family(0/50)
-Force a sword artifact to succumb(0/1)
---------------------

What is with this amount of slaughter quest? Did something happen to Irina?

Most of it is directed at her family. Clifton does not have "Nelson" behind his name, the family disowned him.

In regards to the sword artifact from the original quest, it became aggressive instead of mutual recognition.

...

What role do I have in this world?
------------------
A Disposable Background Character.
------------------

My role hasn't changed...

I decided to focus on the current situation.

"Lydia," I say as I extend my hand forward.

The ring on my right index finger morphs into a light sword in my hand.

(I want some blood! I need nourishment!)

Calm down, I have some food for you.

Although not physically, I can sense Lydia's delighted smile.

Two men are hiding atop the waterfall observing me, one of them is carrying a staff and the other a sword. Both are at the peak Foundation Establishment realm.

This is the power of a core formation, my senses are enhanced to the degree of ascertaining the atmosphere using only mere mana.

However, they show no hints of killing intent and most likely are observers sent to monitor my growth.

"Hey. Something is wrong." One of the men says. "He is just standing there..."

...

!!

"W-Wait! He disappeared!!" The man exclaims.

"What?! Where did he go?" Says the partner.

I sit on another branch behind the two troubled men, they are balancing on a tree branch beside the waterfall.

!

A sword shows up from behind them and is placed at their neck level.

"Answer me, who sent you," I say.

...

"Interesting, you were hiding your strength-" One of the men asks.

His head abruptly flies off when a burst of blood spills around, leaving his corpse to drop into the waterfall.