Chapter 6[OLD]

Standing at the peak of the mountain, I notice that the forest is gradually growing thicker and taller as it gets further from the mountain, indicating signs of the elf kingdom. The mountain is similar to a barrier dividing two different regions.

Amid gigantic trees is a wiggly worm trying to struggle and break free from its restrain. Upon closer inspection, there are trails of its movement in the forest. Fallen trees with huge trenches lead to the worm.

A Deathworm is a gigantic worm-like creature that has a huge hole at one end with layers after layers of sharp teeth. Presumably its mouth.

If things go wrong, is my plot armour enough to save me? How does my plot armour rank work?

-----------------------------

Your plot armour rank only indicates your survivability.

Aspects such as fortune, strength, status, and wealth play a big part in increasing your rank as it increases your chance of survival.

------------------------------

So in short, I'm on my own. Got it.

?!

A very faint smell of blood and fluctuation of atmosphere mana. I test out my theory by gathering mana around my palm, the mana starts to vibrate and disperse soon after.

Traces of demonic energy. That demon summoner is still here? What is it planning?

...

No, let's not bother about that. I am only here for the Deathworm. Besides, it's a demon, something only the foundation establishment realm and above can fight.

I activate the concealing scroll and wrapped the cloth around my face and over my head, leaving only the eyes exposed before jumping down the mountain. I land on slopes protruding out one after another until I reach the base and dash towards the worm. After a while, I can finally see it up close. I stood on a branch of the giant trees surrounding the worm to scout.

I check my wallet while waiting and count the money in it. I spent every dime buying the poison and sword. The storage I am using is low-quality storage, only able to store at least one Deathworm and a few small objects.

There are 7 elves here. Each is busy strengthening the restrain.

I take out a glass vial of Venis poison and unscrew the metal cap.

Soon, the worm screams a high pitched shriek and used all of its strength to break free.

!!

"W-What?"

More elves came to help. Some even attempt to attack the Deathworm but to no avail.

As a last resort, the Deathworm chewed the part of its body that is restrained and separated itself from it.

Blood spewed all over as the Deathworm cried in pain but it did not stop trying to escape.

!!!!!

Nice! The Deathworm is now critically injured because of its rash action.

Finally, the Deathworm managed to wiggle out and crash onto some elves.

The Venis poison is made from the blood of several monsters such as Kobolds and desert scorpions, most of which are the prey of Deathworms. That's why the poison is very effective at agitating and attracting Deathworms.

The Deathworm starts to rush in my direction. I take out the sword from the storage ring and spread the poison evenly on the blade.

"A human?" The elves gasp as they notice that I am the reason for the Deathworm's weird behaviour