38. The Revelation

Blurred and fragmented, there are many memories the goblin hid deep within its heart. I can't get the full picture, only superficial information.

Its first instinct when born was to liberate its race with big ambition. Among the dark cave, it was special. It was physically stronger and smart, able to quickly learn different languages of different races from mere listening.

The goblin will often spy on battles of different races and attempt to recreate techniques. In the end, it found comfort when using an axe and trained with it day and night. Nevertheless, it lacked knowledge about the world.

When it grew into a young adult, it encountered humans but many fell prey to its strength. It started raiding passing merchants and came across "books", a mysterious device with many imprinted scrolls. Those books brought new insight to the goblin's mind.

Amidst a route through the forest, a merchant cart lies shattered with blood, splinters of wood and corpses scattered. A hired escort attacked the goblin, which it easily avoided and hacked the arm off.

"ARGGHHHH!!!" The escort cried out. The next thing he saw was the goblin's palm, crushing his skull to eternal agony.

"W-What the fuck?! A-A mere goblin..." The last remaining survivor exclaimed. The pressure emanated overwhelmed his survival instinct, only waiting for death as he trembled. However, the goblin stopped before him and asked "Who is the strongest?" 

"W-What?" 

The sudden question threw the human's rationality into disarray. Still, he answered, "I-It's unclear who truly is the strongest but I know of the continent's top rankers." 

The human began listing fighters of various backgrounds. Warriors, Mages, Archers, or even Tamers, humans used whatever resources they had to grow. The goblin was surprised to hear of their achievements as literal walking disasters capable of levelling cities and mountains. For the first time, it thought of itself as weak. 

It was sceptical after a while. Perhaps that human was lying. The goblin's arrogant thoughts were humbled a few months later when it was defeated in two moves. The sword had an outburst of light that completely overwhelmed it, that was its first encounter with "Aura". It closed its eyes, awaiting judgment from the human swordsman until a young female stopped the execution. 

"This goblin is special, I can see it." She said. Its saviour lowered herself to the goblin and it realised her right eye was grey, blind, yet her left azure eye was gleaming with beauty. The girl could see the innate self through her blind pupil. 

Curious about what she truly was seeing, the goblin was captured and brought back to a familiar terrain. An underground paradise.

Rather than the constraints of its nest, the new paradise boasts large traffic and a thriving atmosphere.

Lights, colours, odd machinery, a new world was introduced.

It was a prisoner within metal bars and the subject of contempt by passing humans. Yet, it was in awe.

"Beautiful." It said.

It soon learned the identity of the young girl. She was the princess of this land. The goblin wondered why when the girl was so weak.

The next memory it had was darkness surrounded by papers, scrolls, and books. Bookshelves and two tables beside its cage were all there stood.

As the princess lit the room, inscriptions and notes vandalized the walls. The girl seemed to be researching something and was overly curious about everything.

"How are you so smart?" She asked the goblin.

"I am just smart." The goblin replied.

"Eh? That's not normal though!"