Chapter 43[OLD]

I enter a small room dimmed by only one small light in the middle of the room.

This is Enchantio's prison deep underground, the interrogation room. The walls are enhanced with steel with a security and alarm array put into place.

Nami, Lupus, the old man, and the old lady is chained to the table in the middle. I sit opposite them.

"Loi?" Says Lupus. "What do you want?"

"I will get to the point. The black ball in the treasury, where did you get it?"

!!

They tried to hide it but their eyes twerk a little when I said that.

"Brat, what are you talking about?" Says the old lady.

I sigh and was about to order the knights to shock them but Nami speaks up.

"It was provided to us by a man in a white mask." Says Nami.

!!!

"N-Nami! You-"

The Knight slams Lupus's head to the table.

"Continue," I say.

"The man has white hair and pale light skin. He wears a black coat and possesses a murderous aura. He usually visits my father and discusses something. Each time, he would bring bits and bits of black dirt that my father accumulates to a ball."

"What?" Mi mumbles.

I shift my attention to the old man. "Y-You will get nothing out of me!"

...

Mi steps forward but I hold my hand out. "I will handle this."

I take out a knife from my coat

?!!

"S-Stay away!"

I plunge the knife into his thigh.

"ARGHHH!!!" The old man screams.

"Loi-"

"Massive heal," I say and the wound glows in bright green.

However, with the knife still intact, the wound constantly opens and closes.
"UGHSHAJKKKK!!! KAHHHH!!!!" The old man screams in pain. His agony echoes throughout the room as the Azure family stares in horror.

"I WILL SPEAK I WILL SPEAK!"

I pull the knife out and close his wound.

"Huff huff...damn brat."

"Speak," I say.

"It's nourishment. Nourishment for the devil." He says.

?!

"What?" Lupus widens her eye. She does not know about this.

The old man glanced at the sword on my hip. "That weapon. It's nourishment for her to grow and survive."

Nourishment for Lydia? How is it a system property? I don't get it.

...

I sigh. This is information nonetheless. Demonic artifacts feed on those particles that the system deems to be a property. However, those black particles...the aura felt similar to that of the Abyss God but an immensely diminished version. Am I overthinking things?

"Do whatever you want with them. It's time to return, Mi." I say.

Mi shakes her head. "I have something I need to do here. Loi, can I speak to you before you leave?"

?

"I don't mind."

Mi and I go to the top of the bell tower. Night fell and lights engulfed the lively city.