Chapter 41[OLD]

Hm? Something disrupts me when I was sleeping.

My body is tied up and is being carried in a leather bag. How did I not detect this?

Luckily the dagger in my pocket is still there, I take it and cut the rope before enhancing it with mana and burst out of the bag.

?!?

The one carrying the bag is a group of Kobolds.
"Human is awake!"

I slit the throat of the Kobold carrying the bag before escaping. There are around 10 of them, and 2 of them are in the Nascent Soul.

Some force attempts to grab me, I engulf myself in a barrier and cast an inferno spell below me.

?!

The intensity of the flame is a lot more fierce than the spell I cast when I regressed.

The chaos provided cover for me as I run away.

Huff huff...

The capital... Where am I?

An explosion answered my question.

I look in the direction of the explosion to find elves riding dragons assaulting something.

The capital is in that direction. After the battle of sacrifice, an attempted diversion, every race was trying to overtake the core stronghold of the other races. It was a disaster.

I sprint towards the Capital at full speed.
------------------

When I reach there, the elves are temporary retreating.

"Who's there!?" Calvin shouts at the woods. I reveal myself.

!!

"You?!" Says Calvin. "Weren't you sent to that battle? What happened? Where are the others?"

I shake my head.

...

"Hey, Loi! What happened to Carl?! Where is he?" Says Kim. Following behind him is Lily.

"Dead," I answer.

"What..." Says Lily as she widens her eyes in shock.

"...You bastard, Is it because of what we've done to you in the past?!" Kim shouts as he grabs my collar.

I grab his wrist and pry it away. "W-What the... How are you so strong... I am a core formation..."

"Don't touch me," I say, glaring at Kim.

"You..."

He backs off. Calvin walks to me. This is the "real" Calvin, the one created by Lydia on the first loop is fake. The real Calvin would be in the capital trying to fend off the attacks of the elves.

"Follow me, you will be part of my squad for now. The elves are weakened and the citizens are evacuated, we need to take this opportunity to fight them head-on. Vicious will be in the Capital to fend off any other attacks." Says Calvin.

"Wait what did you say?"

"I said the elves are weakened and the citizens are evacuated."

"Where are the citizens, specifically do you know where my family is?"

"What? Why are you-"

"I want to see them, my family," I say.

...

"Look, everyone does okay? If you want to protect them, you can do so by-"

"I. Don't. Care."

"This disrespectful fucker! Do you think we do not care about our family?" A mage behind Calvin says. He walks past Calvin and to my face. "Stop being so self-entitled."