Chapter 10[OLD]

As I walk back to my room, I meet my father in the corridor, leaning against the wall. He seems to be waiting for me.

...

My father walks to me once he sees me standing from a distance.

"If I were your mother, I would have constantly nagged at you saying that you were too cruel against your opponents. However, you are lucky that your mother went with your siblings to the toilet during your match." My father says.

...

"The assassin?"

My father takes out a square dark metal device with a circular jade engraved into the middle. It's a communicator.

"My man caught him. Thanks to your protective scrolls, everyone is safe."

"Kill them! Kill those motherfuckers! Kill all of them! I will make the Krist bloodline suffer for all of eternity!!!" Says Henry from the communicator.

I throw a glance at my father and he passes the communicator to me.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth," I say into the communicator.

!!!!

"Y-You... Bastard."

I can feel Henry's voice trembling from the other side of the communicator. My father takes out a dagger and pierces it into the jade, cutting the line.

I pass the communicator back to my father.

...

"Don't look so down," my father smiles.

...

My father sighs. "The Igniz family, leave them to me. Don't you know, I have many connections outside of the capital and in the capital. I can easily end the Igniz family. So don't worry too much."

I know that. But his connections aren't very loyal to him, that's what I'm worried about.

...

"If it is about the match, you did the right thing. On a battlefield where death is imminent, showing mercy to an enemy will get you killed."

I nod and went back to my room.
----------------
The fifth round soon begin. My opponent this time is Irina. Not surprised she made it this far. On the other side of the tournament rankings, Mina has also reached the semi-finals.

I heave a sigh of relief. During the finals of the tournament, Mina will surrender to Irina because what she wants is the fire affinity stone that only the 2nd place can get.

I'm currently in the semi-finals, so as long as I beat Irina, I have pretty much won Mina.

"Ahem... Well, after the previous relatively intense match, we were able to witness the true power of our solo contestant. However, will he be able to stand up against the ice queen and king? Let's find out!" Says the Emcee.

I enter the arena. Nobles were glaring at me. Audiences were cheering loudly as if they have forgotten the bloody scene from an hour ago. I sigh as a rush of cold blew past the Colosseum. Opposite me, Irina and her brother, Clifton, enter.

A horn is blown as Irina freezes the entire arena.

!

...

The ground turns into slippery ice as clouds gather above the arena. Snowflakes start to rain down.
She did this to prevent me from using the sword array. A barrier was set up in the auditorium to protect the audience.

"That was a nice performance in the quarter-finals, but it will not work here," Clifton says. He has white hair and blue eyes like Irina.

I don't need the array to defeat them. I stomp on the ground, breaking the surrounding ice and charge at them.