Chapter 23[OLD]

I notice a panel in the corner of my eyes. I had missed it just now amidst the chaos.

----------
Congratulations
Plot armour rank: 8->10

[Mission] functions are unlocked.
----------
----------
Note: Missions are tasks that can greatly impact the future/destiny of people, they are not compulsory, choose wisely. Press "Ignore" to reject a mission.

[Currently available missions]
-Defeat the Chief Leader of Tiger Bandits. (Ignore)

Reward:
+4000 Plot Points
+1 Foundation Establishment Pill
+900 Plot Armour Value.
-----------

Nice.

Even though I want to set out immediately, I have company.

I turn behind to find Harper and Edith with their swords drawn.

Mason is unconscious behind them.

"What are you guys doing?" I say.

"Unfortunately, we cannot leave the rest of you alive. Although the plan didn't include Mina as a target, I have a feeling we will need to get rid of the both of you to avoid future troubles." Says Harper.

...

Mina clicks her tongue as she prepares herself and grips her sword tightly. Sweat drips down from her forehead and her palm is visibly sweaty, she is worried. Two Core Formation Realm, how are we going to win?

I smile at both of them and place my arm in front of Mina.

?

Throughout my years of adventuring, you are mistaken if you think I would adventure alone. Whenever I get the chance to party up with someone, I take it. After all, no one would want to party with a talentless person.
Thanks to that, I can instinctively tell if one is trying to trick me or genuinely pity me.

During the expedition, Harper and Edith are both constantly walking behind me even though they are my seniors. If it was just once, I can think of it as a coincidence. Not to mention, the frequent glances from them I pretend not to notice. It's as if they are observing me and looking for my next move.

The next sign is their behaviour in the village. As if they are reporting what they found, they went for a rather long bathroom break and at the exact time when they disappear, I detect mana fluctuations in the atmosphere with a similar wavelength to Sound Transmission.

When I was placing piles of leaves on Harper and Edith, I sneaked a demonic spell onto one of the leaves that activates on the first cultivator it touches, a spell to temporarily erase the cultivation for 10 minutes.

I walk towards Harper and Edith and draw my sword.

!!

They attempt to attack me but tripped and fell onto the floor.

!!!!

"What?! What did you do to us?" Says Harper.

Both of them are too used to the incredible speed of a cultivator.

Right now, they are just normal mortals waiting to be slaughtered.

I lift my sword.

Harper attempts to channel mana to form a barrier but blood starts leaking out of his ears.

"W-Wait!"

I decapitate Harper, his head rolls to Edith who screech as she drags herself back.

"I-I will give you anything, please spare-"

Mina stabs Edith from behind through her chest.

!

"N-No... I...don't want to..."