Chapter 42[OLD]

An Ogre slams its wooden club into the ground, I jump aside and follow up with a vertical slash killing it.

Three more ogres appear, each with a club or a pole.

"Watch out!" Ken shouts as he buffs me.

My body becomes lighter as I emit a soft red glow. In an instant, I decapitate all the ogres. Their giant bodies fall limp onto the ground with a thud.

"Impressive." Says Ken. "Were you hiding your strength?"

"Maybe."

There are 2 knights behind Ken in the Core Formation realm who were tasked with protecting Ken. However, they are playing the roles of spectators as I do all the work.

It's faster to clear the monsters myself.

"Do you need to follow me? What about those people at the capital?" I ask.

"I'm not the only one who specializes in management. Besides, you took a huge burden off my shoulders." Ken replies.

"You could have just given the key-"

I duck to dodge a pounce from a large Wolfen beast. It growls at me. A large scar is engraved across its face, the leader of a pack.

Movements in the bush and trees around indicated the rest.

The knights draw their swords as they stand near Ken.

"Protect Ken, I will deal with the leader."

Although reluctant to follow an adventurer's order, they heeded my words.

...

The wolves encircle us. My eyes lock with the leaders.

With one final breath, all wolves charge in. I stomp on the ground as hard as I could.

!!

The dust created from that temporary created a cover. I use that cover to slash the leader, aiming for its eye.

"GRARR!!"

The wolf screams in pain as it jumps away.

I chase after it and throw my sword.

!!!

Sword pierces the wolf and it rolls lifeless to the ground.

"Ahhh!!"

One of the knights was bitten by the wolf, blood squirted into the armour. Their teeth were strong enough to break through that titanium metal.

I take the corpse of the leader and throw it at the remaining wolves. The beasts start to tremble and slowly retreat before running away. The Wolfen beasts are survival creatures, they will not fight a battle they can't win.

That's why Wolfen travels in a pack, following the leader who is the strongest for safety.

Ken heals the knights who grunt and groan at every small movement.

This pathetic state... Do I look like that in the past? I remember I can barely hold up in a fight against wolves during my first year as an adventurer, who was deemed to be on the same tier as a goblin.

"Let's get moving." Says Ken. "The shelter is right ahead. The knights... They will have to rest for a while. Seems like we eliminated the surrounding monsters so it should be safe."

There should be a safer route to the shelter yet Ken asks us to take the dangerous ones, it is to shake off any potential spy.

A small cave can be seen in the distance.