Chapter 14[OLD]

It is soon my turn to be tested.
The majority of those who failed are old, have disabilities, or have illnesses.

Eri passed the test with flying colours, she seems unscathed when she exits the door.

The duo cultivators went in for a minute or two before a large explosion can be heard. They came out instantly after the explosion.

Julius, well... He probably fought against a simple slime but was still injured in the process.

It is now my turn.

The guards gave a snickering smirk before asking me to enter.

I enter and a knight guides me down the long corridor. However, unlike letting me fight one of the monsters in the cages in this long corridor, we reach the end of the corridor. There is a heavy metal-plated door at the end.

The knight pulls the door open with all of his might. The door is very thick, about the width of half an arm.

He gestures for me to follow him.

Down here, it's not ordinary category 1 to 3 monsters anymore. From here on, the monsters I see are all category 5 and above.

There aren't growls or roars anymore but instead glares. Everyone down here has intelligence.

"Are you afraid? You can back off now if you are." Says the knight.

"It's okay," I reply.

"Tch. Being a cocky bastard just because you won against children. Don't blame me for your death."

"I won't."

We stop at the end of the corridor, revealing a large cell with many scratches on it. The faint smell of blood in this cell...

There's a dark figure at the corner of the cell.

"Hey! Dark elf. If you defeat this man, we will let you out. How about it?" The knight shouts.

The figure starts to twitch a little.

It turns around to reveal a distorted face, a body full of whip markings, burns, bruises, and scars.

What did these bastards do?... Is my father also part of this?

Upon closer inspection, this dark elf abomination has two gold earrings on her right ear and she is a female.

...

She stares at me. The knight opens the cell door and I enter. He then locks it, trapping me with this dark elf.

He passes me a coin with a button on it. "If you are somehow still alive and managed to kill the dark elf, press this. Although I doubt you will be, don't be so arrogant in your next life." The knight says before he left.

Truth be told, I like this knight. His personality is way better than the other knights, his tone is much more respectful too.

!!

Without warning, the dark elf attempts to scratch me. I dodge in time as she scratches the wall instead.

!!!

The wall of made of titanium yet it was scratched so easily by her.

The dark elf trembles as she constantly bites her lips. Her burned and distorted face growls at me.

...

-----------------
Past Loi, 26 years old.
Divine Land of Fairies.
-----------------
"Fuck." I mumble as I hide behind a rock.

A purplish sharp crystal is pierced through my tricep and the bleeding isn't stopping.
The Divine Land of Fairies. A rocky and barren place filled with minerals of all sorts. This place is a gold mine but a dangerous one. Fairies guard the crystal and are very hostile against any humans.