39. Newfound Strength

"Phew..." I breathe out a wisp of mana.

After absorbing what I can, I feel a surge in senses and power. Simply exerting an explosive clench ejects a trembling snap. I gaze at my fist, steam pouring out between my fingers.

As if something was unclogged, my senses infiltrate across the room, relaying information of every bit.

My harvest fortified my lower energy core with layers of mana and established my middle and upper energy core, transcending me into a new being.

-----------
Loi Krist
Fate: 88120
Role: Background Character
Karma: 10090
Third Stage of Refinement Realm
The first level of Sword Intent

Talent:
-Sword Tier 8(150000)
-Magic Tier 6 (70000)
-Cultivation Tier 3(500000)
-Speed Tier 5 (80000)
-Stealth Tier 7(95000)

Attributes:
-Holy Tier 2(30000)
-Darkness Tier 1(20000)
-Strength Tier 1(100000)

Skills:
-Quick Casting
-Death Sixth Sense
-Calm Mind
-----------

The third stage...that means the goblin was at least a realm above me.

A miracle? I don't think so. It was my persistence and experience but let's not flatter myself. It wasn't in its right mind and I would lose in normal circumstances.

I walk to the end of the throne. The pile of bones collapsed, throwing the golden crown aside. I dig my hands into the bones and pull out an ordinary-looking rock. This should be the key.

The moment I infuse mana within it, an intensity of overwhelming exhilaration floods my senses. As if a veil has been lifted to expose a new world of detail, a tsunami of information rushes through my mind. I can see and hear anything in this kingdom if I put my heart to it. Moreover, I obtain full control of the traps and hidden passages in this place.

...

The throne room trembles and a section of the walls pulls back and slides up, revealing a gate to whatever secret lies beyond.

I walk through the narrow passageway and find a small golden chest.

!

Flip open the lid and there lies a small ring. I wear it and infuse mana. I sense one vague item in the ring. The thought of bringing it out materializes a meticulous magic circle, every strand of mana crafted into a beautiful art symbol.

A small piece of cloth appears from it, suffering from time and wear, frayed threads unravel along the edges as stain and disfigurement mar the surface. The fragility seems to be torn from something, a small fragment of the full content.

On one side, weird drawings of irregular lines and crosses bombard the content. On the other, it seems to be a small message: One can be many, yet many can be one.

...?

Without more context, this can be interpreted as anything. Is this...the map to the Tears of The World? It can be anything. I keep the cloth back into the ring and stash the ring in the small bag hooked to my belt.

"Kuku..."

The sounds of faraway goblins emerge. Many maniac footsteps and giggles pollute my ears.

I examine my body's condition and find myself adequately recovered. Thus, I close the passageway and stand amidst the throne room, awaiting the sea of monsters that eventually squeeze through the entrance, forming an expanding wall churning towards me. The looming shadow engulfs my presence, framing the massive hordes of mindless goblins.

A gleaming aura burns from my hilt, pulling out an eruption of might, painting several curving cuts through the legion.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!*