Chapter 2. Stuck on a Remote Island

"I think we should go up the mountain first. It would be better to check the topography from a high place. If it's inland, you can't see the horizon. If it's an island......"

If it was an island, you could see the horizon.

Enoch muttered his words as if he did not want to even think about the last possibility.

I walked along the beach with my wrist held by him and looked up at the sky. The sun was very low.

Climbing the mountain at this time is not a good idea. It's easy to get isolated when the sun goes down after climbing a mountain. Above all, monsters appear at night, which was also a problem.

Enoch, who had acted like he was going to kill me a while ago, lower his guard. He started to realize that there wasn't much I could do here.

I said, "It would be better to climb the mountain tomorrow. You can't go up, and down when the sun goes down."

Fortunately, Enoch understood my words at once.

"I didn't know Young Lady could have such a rational thought."

I narrowed my brow at Enoch's words. Is that a compliment or an insult?

"As Young Lady said, we'll have to climb the mountain tomorrow. Then I'd like to look around a bit more first."

As a person familiar with the battlefield, he was very quick to grasp the situation. After all, even though Enoch was a prince born from a maid, a commoner, he was a man who became a prince solely by his abilities. He made numerous contributions on the battlefield, beating all his other brothers and claiming the throne.

He was a very strong human being.

But when he came to a remote island, he went crazy with obsession and madness toward the female lead.

Sponsored Content

......is it really okay for me to be alone with this man? It's still before he went crazy with the female lead like in the novel, so it'll be fine......?

Anyway, he finally let my wrist go. I breathed a sigh of relief as I touched my wrist.

And we walked on the beach again.

After walking on the beach for a while, I stopped. Enoch, who was going ahead, felt puzzled and looked back at me.

I looked out at the mangrove trees through the palm trees. Mangroves mainly grow in rivers leading to the sea or lakes.

'If there are mangrove trees, it means that water flows. Would it be better to go into the forest?'

Then Enoch held his chin and opened his mouth, "I think the beach ends here. Now we really have to make a decision."

A huge cliff was blocking the end of the sandy beach. The road cuts off here.

Perhaps Enoch also thought the same, and followed me without saying a word and looked into the dark forest.

"We should find a place to sleep before the sun goes down."

I nodded in agreement at Enoch's words.