Chapter 9

Of course, I couldn’t sleep well.

The stone floor was so cold that I had to chill all night.

It was raining, and there was a chill in the cave, so it was so cold……

I have shivered with cold even in my dreams.

‘It’s really cold.’

Perhaps because of the fatigue accumulated so far, even my mind became hazy. It’s such a vivid dream.

As I was shivering for a long time in a dream, someone approached me. Enoch’s jacket glimmered in the dim vision.

Desperately, I reached out and grabbed Enoch’s jacket. The warm touch in my hand made my heart hurt for some reason.

“What’s wrong?”

Someone in my dream asked me. I frowned with a troubled face while looking at the jacket.

“It’s because you’re being mean.”

“……hey?”

Pulling Enoch’s jacket again, I answered, “This guy, Jackie. He was the guy who covered my shoulders when I was cold.”

I burst into tears from the sudden rush of sadness.

“You idiot Jackie. How can you lie on top of such a useless body? I’m so cold right now.”

“……”

“I thought your love for me has grown. You bastard. Has your love changed?”

With tears in my eyes, I let go of the jacket I was holding. The jacket was wrinkled out of shape because I was clutching it too tight.

Even that shabby appearance touched my heart. I fell asleep again, turning away from the crumpled jacket with a heartache.

I must have heard someone laughing……

*

Sponsored Content

When I woke up, it was already morning.

I lay idly with my eyes open. I thought I fell asleep shivering from the cold, but my body was more refreshed than I thought.

‘It’s not like reality and my memory is hazy……is this still a dream?’

As I was thinking about it, I felt a warm feeling and lowered my head.

As expected, a luxurious jacket wrapped around my shoulders. It was Enoch’s.

I looked around and looked at the entrance to the cave, and saw the morning sun shining through the stone walls that were piled up to the waist. It looks like the rain has completely stopped.

There was Enoch at the entrance of the cave. He rolled up his shirt sleeves and was eagerly moving large stones.

Perhaps because of the years he spent on the battlefield, Enoch was more likely to be interested in this kind of thing than showing dignity as a crown prince.