Chapter 11

The open mouth seemed to be twice the size of my head.

The sticky mucus that flowed from the mouth of the wolf monster was splattered on the floor.

Among the sharp teeth, a long tongue protruded like a snake. The tongue which fluctuated like a tentacle rose into the sky and slid down in the direction I was sitting.

I hurriedly moved to the side. The monster's tongue was stuck in the spot where I was standing a while ago.

My mind went blank.

'I have to live. I can do it myself. Let's not be a burden to Enoch.'

I got up, barely supporting myself with my trembling arms. Then I quickly picked up the flat shoes that had fallen nearby and put them on.

kwoong!

A heavy sound echoed through the ground.

From a distance, Enoch slaughtered a monster by sticking it with a branch.

He ran straight to me. Then he lifted me up and pushed me behind his back.

As soon as I saw his solid back, a deep sense of relief spread in an instant. I grabbed Enoch's jacket as if it were a lifeline and quickly looked at the situation.

The two remaining monsters turned towards us, waving their tails.

I picked up a branch that was lying on the ground. It was a useless weapon, but I held it tightly as if it were a talisman.

"Stay behind me," Enoch said in a tense voice.

However, the wolf monster was an intelligent monster. They split into two sides and attacked us as if they were chasing prey.

Being behind Enoch's back was of no use.

I rolled the ground again avoiding the attacking monsters. I didn't know how lucky Margaret was to have a more agile body than I thought.

I thought I managed to move away from the monster, but its sharp teeth caught the lace on the hem of my dress.

Sponsored Content

"What the heck!"

At my scream, Enoch turned to look at me. He kicked the monster that was running towards me with his feet, and then hurriedly stretched out his hand toward me.

However, the monster's movement was faster. The monster bit the hem of my dress and pulled it tight.

Thanks to that, I fell to the ground like I was thrown. Soon after, the tongue of the monster came through my dress and wrapped around my ankles.

"Ouch! Goddamn, why is this happening to me......!"

"Young Lady!"

I was dragged roughly somewhere.

'Damn it!'

It was difficult to figure out how the situation was going because I was dragged around by the monster.