Chapter 44

In a strange atmosphere, we decided to look around the hut together.

The hut was built in a two-story structure. On the first floor, there was a large living room and kitchen with a fireplace, and on the second floor, there were two rooms with wooden beds.

In the original story, Yuanna seems to have guessed that it was a hut built by a person who lived on this remote island. My guess was no different.

I looked around the hut first with Enoch, Kayden, and Archbishop Ruzef.

After we finished our search, we went back down to the first floor, and then Yuanna and her party moved around the hut.

After looking around every corner of the hut, I had a question.

I must have heard that the hut also had modern clothes, but strangely, there were no clothes at all. There seemed to be nothing more than the sneakers that Kayden brought with him earlier.

‘This is different from the original. Or is my memory wrong?’

I sat down in the living room on the first floor, deep in thought, and opened the backpack I had picked up in front of the hut.

It was the backpack that was laid out neatly as if someone had forgotten to carry it and left it.

Enoch approached me and said, “What a strange-looking bag.”

Kayden also sat casually in front of me and glanced at the backpack with a curious expression. He glanced at the scabbard on Enoch’s waist and asked,

“Isn’t the sword that the Crown Prince used from that bag? What else is in it?”

Archbishop Ruzef, who was hesitant, also came up with a first aid kit in his hands and crouched next to me.

“I’m curious, too. What’s in there?”

I shrugged and slipped my hand into the backpack and rummaged through it.

“This is a dagger.”

“Give it to me. I’ll use it.”

Kayden’s eyes twinkled as he held out his hand to me.

He was a wizard who used his brain, but he also had tremendous power. Therefore, this dagger would suit him better than the long sword given to Enoch.

Without hesitation, I put down the dagger in his hand. While Kayden took the dagger with a happy face, I rummaged through the backpack again.

The next thing that came out was a compass.

Enoch looked at what was in my hand and asked, “Compass?”

Compass also existed in the Langridge Empire, but it was a modern compass made of stainless steel.

In addition, this compass had a luminous hour hand, so it seemed like it could be used at night. Seeing that the needle is well attached to the central axis, it seems to work well.

“I’d better keep this one.”

I looked inside the backpack again with the compass in my hand. The last thing that came out was a small crossbody bag.

‘It’s a crossbody bag.’

I took out the crossbody bag and stuffed my compass, flare gun, and pocket of bullets inside, then slung it over my shoulder. I gave the big backpack to Kayden.

Kayden put household items in it, such as a wooden knife and a rope made from twisted branches.

“Do I have nothing?”