Chapter 8

The next day, I woke up early in the morning and returned the jacket to Enoch.

And we have a little bit of a minor problem. Conflict arose because my goals and Enoch’s were different.

My goal was to stay on this island safely for a year, and his goal was to escape from this island right away.

“To survive even a little longer, I think it would be better to explore the island rather than stay on the beach. If you find a place where a river flows, your chances of survival increase. It is also much easier to create a shelter.”

“Don’t you want to make a rescue call? If you go further to the island, your chances of survival will increase, but it will become difficult to expect rescue.”

At Enoch’s words, I looked at him with a little bit of frustration.

His words certainly made sense.

But anyway, you will not be able to escape before the ‘gate’ is opened.

I had no choice but to say, “Then we should part here.”

“What?”

He looked like he didn’t know I’d bring that up.

I was looking at the timing of when to leave, but it turned out better.

“I listened to the Young Lady’s opinion, but if you’re saying nonsense—”

“I’m serious.”

I put on the flat shoes that I had taken off for a while to get in and out of the sea, and organized my clothes.

Then I twisted a couple of fish I caught this morning on a thin branch trunk and hung them on my shoulders.

Sponsored Content

Enoch had a really bewildered face. I bowed my head to him without hesitation.

“Thank you so much for saving me from the monster. And I think it was comforting to be with Your Majesty for a while. When I first woke up, I might have gone crazy if I were alone on this island.”

His face contorted at my last greeting.

“Young Lady Floné. I’m not in the mood to joke right now.”

I shrugged and said goodbye to him.

“Think as you please. Then, bye!”

And it was when I just passed him and entered the forest. I could feel the signs of moving in a hurry behind me.

“Wait a minute.”

Enoch followed me and grabbed my shoulder. I stopped and turned to him.

“I don’t know why you’re doing this.”

“We did not agree with each other, so we just made a rational choice?”

“Now in this dangerous place……!”

Enoch raised his voice as if in anger, looked at my face, and bit his lip tightly. He took one deep breath to calm his anger and then spoke to me again.