Chapter 32

Compared to Enoch, I’m not good

ADVERTISEMENT

 at making a fire, but I’m not bad either.

Sponsored Content

I cut dry bamboo and split it in two. I made small holes in one of the pieces of bamboo, put the sawdust behind it, and stuck it into the ground. I rubbed it with another piece of bamboo like I was sawing. It was to create embers with pressing force by reciprocating motion of rubbing the wood.

After sawing like that for a while, smoke came out from behind the bamboo, then I blew the wind through the holes in the bamboo. Seeing the embers, I pulled out the bamboo and continued to blow gently on the sawdust.

“Bring me some dry leaves. Quickly.”

Ruzef, who was observing what I was doing, hurriedly picked up the dry leaves.

I used it as a secondary tinder to turn the embers into fire.

Read more

“Oh my God.”

Ruzef applauded with a blank expression.

“You watched it well, right? Then do it yourself in the future.”

Ruzef nodded vigorously at my words.

Eventually, I made a fire, grilled him some fish, and gave him purified water.

But even after he ate the fish and drank the water, he had no intention of leaving.

He took another drink and voluntarily started cleaning the branches.

“Hey, can’t I stay here?”

“Don’t you remember when you called me a witch? Goodbye, and take care of yourself.”

Ruzef said nothing again. Even if I tell him to go back, he won’t leave until Enoch and Kayden come.

Enoch and Kayden, who found him, made a fuss.

Seeing that reminded me of the time when Kayden lay unconscious in front of our cave.

Odd. This seems familiar.

The sun began to set and it was impossible to tell Ruzef to leave at night when the monsters wandered around blindly. In the end, I decided to let him stay for just one night.

“You little bastard. Don’t even think about coming in, and just keep your guard in front of the hut. You priests are good at guarding, aren’t you?”

Ruzef looked at Kayden with an angry face, but in the end, made no response.

He can’t get lost in the forest at night. So I said,

“But it’s dangerous out there……”

When I suddenly took his side, Ruzef looked at me with a face full of anticipation.

Unfortunately, however, I had no intention of meeting his expectations.

“Sit at the entrance and watch. If you go too far, the monsters might smell you and come.”