Chapter 45

I shrugged my shoulders toward Kayden, turned to Arthdal, and added,

“Oh, but there may be poisonous mushrooms, you can’t eat carelessly, so please show me beforehand.”

Then Yuanna pulled out some mushrooms and pushed them out to me.

“Is this okay?”

She usually used to say a lot of strange things, but she was also like an excellent student who did what she was asked to do enthusiastically.

I nodded, confirming that it was the same ox tongue mushroom that I had.

“Yes. It’s edible. Please look for more of these.”

At my words, Yuanna nodded her head with a determined face.

Yuanna went back to Diego’s side as before, had a conversation with him, and started looking for the mushroom together.

No, I will correct it. She showed Diego the mushroom that she had shown me and had him search for mushrooms that looked exactly the same.

She was also a student who handed over the homework she had to do to someone else.

‘I have to live like that, too.’

Arthdal ​​was still doing nothing, leaning obliquely on a wooden pole and observing us.

“What have you been eating all this time?”

I dug for mushrooms and asked Yuanna, who was not far away. Yuanna looked lost in thought for a moment and then sighed and replied,

“I mainly lived by collecting fruits or shellfish I picked up from the river. It was really hard. Ah! I caught a rabbit once, too.”

At her words, Arthdal ​​smiled and responded,

“I caught the rabbit.”

“Then what’s the point? There was no one who could skin the rabbit, so we eventually couldn’t eat it.”

In response to Yuanna’s reply, Arthdal closed his mouth with a look as if he had intervened for no reason. While listening to their conversation, I wondered and tilted my head and asked a question.

“Can’t you do it, Sir Diego? Normally, when you go out for a monster subjugation or battle, don’t you go camping?”

Diego, who was quietly collecting mushrooms next to Yuanna, stopped moving. Yuanna glanced at him and burst into laughter.

“Sir Diego can’t handle cute things. He loves rabbits and squirrels so much.”

……huh?

“He’s too scared to see gruesome things. I don’t know why he became the Knight Commander.”

Diego’s face flushed red as Yuanna sighed and shook her head.

“That, that’s a misunderstanding.”

“Is that so?”

Yuanna answered dryly, and Diego bit his lip without answering anything. He seems to have thought that it was better.

From what I’ve heard, it seems that he really doesn’t have the ability to survive, but I wonder how he survived until now.

“I heard you don’t know how to make a fire, how did you eat the shellfish?”

“Ah, I accidentally picked up the embers and used them to survive for a few days before it rained.”

“Yes……? Embers……?”

Did she pick up embers from this rainforest? As expected, the female lead seems to be allowed to do anything.

“I happened to smell something burning while taking a walk, so I went there and found that the dry leaves were on fire. It was my luck.”