Chapter 20

When I opened my eyes, I was already in the cave.

It was midnight when I woke up. As I tossed and turned, I realized that my head was on someone’s hard lap.

Startled, I jumped up, and Enoch, who was leaning against the wall of the cave with his eyes closed, slowly opened his eyes.

“Oh, are you awake?”

Enoch said in a deep voice. How sexy……oh, this is not the time to think like this.

“What happened?”

At my question, Enoch bit his lower lip.

At that moment, the moonlight was seeping into the cave, and his face was clearly visible.

“I’m sorry.”

“Yes?”

I blinked my eyes and looked at Enoch’s face, not knowing what he was talking about.

“You had a fever. But I didn’t know which medicine I should give you.”

Only then did I look at the first aid kit next to Enoch. Medicines were scattered.

“I’ve never been this helpless in my entire life.”

His well-formed face was contorted as if in pain.

“It’s not Enoch’s fault…… Oh, by the way, where did you find the dress?”

Enoch bit his lips tightly as if he was in trouble with my question.

Looking at that face, I had a hunch. Finally, the time has come. He must have met someone. Either one of the male leads or the female lead, or all of them.

‘Is the peace finally over?’

Sponsored Content

Even now, I sometimes get attacked by monsters, so I can’t say it’s peaceful though.

I became sullen, lowering my shoulders and bowing my head.

Then, a gentle hand touched my head. To my surprise, Enoch was stroking my hair.

I looked up in surprise and met Enoch’s eyes. He was stroking my head as if stroking a puppy.

‘What’s with those eyes? Does he really think I’m a puppy?’

While I was thinking about it, Enoch said in a soft voice,

“I met Sir Diego. He was the one who stole your dress.”

Damn it. As expected.

‘No, but why did the commander of the guards steal the dress of a woman who was taking a bath? Where did his morale of the knight go?’

“Where is that bastard—no, Sir Diego?”

Enoch apologized to me with a calm face,

“He was a man of mine, and I apologize for his disrespectful behavior.”

“Why are you apologizing?”