Chapter 41

According to history, the confrontation between the temple and the tower has occurred since a thousand years ago.

The Shinma War is one of the wars between the temple and the tower for a long time.

In the present West Continent, the number of people with mana or divine power was decreasing day by day. Because the Holy See and the Tower had wasted precious manpower by starting a war.

The Shinma War took place on the Plains of Arnes in the center of the West Continent, and at that time the Holy Knights lured wizards to their homeland, Romalizan, the northern sanctuary of the West Continent.

And, unexpectedly, the Tower troops were tricked by the obvious trick and headed to the Sanctuary of Romalizan, causing massive casualties.

Eventually, the Langridge Empire and the Kingdom of Hestia formed an allied force to mediate them, and Enoch was the commander of the coalition.

Read more

“Hey, Enoch. Why didn’t you tell me about that?”

“Why should I?”

“Hey! Weren’t we so close that we fought every day when we were at the academy?”

Arthdal asked in anger.

‘Are you close if you fight each other every day……?’

The law of best friends in this world is a little different from what I knew.

“I’ve heard of that war. When I finished hibernating, all of a sudden, the Tower was at war.”

Kayden, who was quietly listening to the conversation, spoke up. I looked back at him in bewilderment.

“Hibernating? Are you a snake?”

“When I was young, I was kidnapped by the Temple and used as an experiment. So hibernation was an unavoidable choice to recover my lost mana at that time.”

I was taken aback by Kayden’s words for a moment.

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay. By the way, are you going to stay in a confrontation like this?”

“Then Enoch and I will be keeping an eye on those people, so would you mind checking to see if there’s anything useful from the hut?”

Kayden followed my instructions and entered the hut.

It felt a bit strange to see that sight. Because that also meant that Kayden trusted me that much.

‘Perhaps because we have a common enemy, we have no choice but to unite.’

Suddenly, Enoch, who was guarding Arthdal, said to me, “I hope you will stay by my side like this.”

Enoch’s words sounded a bit odd. I looked at his side face, then his gaze slowly turned to me.

“I still can’t control my seizures. So now, the only person who can handle me is you.”