Chapter 2

What a good way to start my Monday morning with none other than literature class. I absolutely hated it. I just hated reading overall and with this class sleep was the only thing I was good for. After a crucial hour and a half, I met up with Justin to eat lunch at our favorite café. In all honesty I just really wanted to go to practice. That's the only thing I looked forward in the day basically.

"So, how was class?" Justin asked.

"The usual boring shit. How was yours?" I said

"Eh, it was okay. Although, I'm like fucking brain dead right now. I literally can't wait for spring break."

"I know, but it's still so far away. About two months to be exact."

"Ugh, I know! Just shoot me already, Kells." He said and groaned. "By the way, what are you doing for that time?"

"I have no idea. I kind of want to go visit my parents but with the club, I don't think I can."

"Randy is pretty flexible and you guys have a good relationship. I'm sure you can work out something."

"Maybe, who knows. I just can't wait to sleep in everyday."

Lunch finished rather quickly, which meant that I soon had to leave to attend my history class. Fuck, I hated that class too. The world just screws me over every fucking Monday I swear.

-

After Monday's classes were over it was a little passed 3 o'clock. I didn't have to be at the club for practice until 4:30, so to kill time I drove to nearest Walmart to pick out some things. I needed the usual like shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, milk, etc.

Once that was done with, I drove to the club. It was barely four, but I was usually really early everyday. I just liked taking my time and doing things alone. As soon as everyone gets here, it becomes pretty rowdy and I like the quietness for a while.

I knew Randy was here because the doors were already opened. He was probably in his office so I knew I shouldn't disturb him. He was a busy man.

I made my way to my dressing room, and shut the door behind me. I turned on the lights before laying on the small couch I had. No matter how much I loved doing this, I was exhausted. My body ached from the heavy routines of everyday, but nevertheless I could never stop. This was my passion and even though some days I just want to lay down and eat pizza, I get to work.

It still amazes me to think I have this job. Never in a million years would I have dreamed or even considered working at a nightclub as a dancer. No, I'm not a stripper and don't plan on ever becoming one. But hey, if you role that way then go ahead. I'm more of like a male go go dancer, although there are some differences. I don't dance in a cage like some do or on a table. I perform on a stage and although I do dress in revealing clothes, I do not take them off. Hence why I'm not a stripper.

Of course this job has its pros and cons. The pay is pretty good and it's a fun job. Although, sometimes you have to deal with those disgusting men that think they can get a fuck by the snaps of their fingers. If they wanted some action, they should've gone to a strip club. Sometimes they even try to touch us which is definitely a big no. We have a ton of security so there is no way any of them can lay a finger on us while on stage.

Although of course, there has been some incidents like mine but things get taken care of seriously.

After a long session of pure thinking, I stood up and changed out of my clothes and into some practice clothes. I took my sweet time and then left when I thought it was time to warm up.

I made my way to the stage to do my regular stretches. First I started with my legs, then my arms, and then I picked up a jump rope. Not everyone liked using jump ropes but I did because they warmed up my body good.

After 8 short minutes, I put the rope away and waited for everyone else. Slowly but surely, the other dancers started coming and stretching. I sat around with Justin as we all waited for our Choreographer to arrive. Today we would get informed of the theme, start learning the new dance routine, and costumes.

"Okay so the theme of this week is 'Midnight Blue'." Our choreographer, Mathew, said. The name sounded pretty alluring, which just excited me even more.

We discussed the usual before finally getting to the good stuff. Monday practices were always so slow because we had to learn new moves and put them together. Nevertheless, it was a fun and exciting journey from now to the night of the show.

After a long four hours, we called it a night. I walked back to my dressing room to pick up my things. I was pretty sweaty but decided to take a shower at home.

"Goodnight, Justin." I said as I walked out of my dressing room. He looked at me before smiling back at me.

"G'night, bro."

I walked out into the February cool night and made my way to my car. After starting the engine, I turned on the radio and listened to some mainstream radio music.

I drove around the beautiful streets of San Diego. Sometimes it still feels surreal to be here since I used to live in Michigan. Such a difference that's for sure and even after almost four years of living here, I still get amazed.

I'm just a lucky guy I guess. So far everything has been going good but then I start to think about the future. What's going to happen when I graduate? I really want to go into the performing arts industry. I don't just plan on dancing at a night club forever.

With that, sometimes I start thinking of maybe even moving. San Diego has opportunities for that but I also think about Los Angeles or other cities. There are so many opportunities there too but at the same time there is so much competition there. I know there are far better people than me so what are the chances of scoring a well paid full time job? Not many I have to say.

Maybe my luck will follow me after graduating.

Hopefully

*

Yeah this is very short but I swear the next chapter is much longer.

Please vote and comment on this story so I know if I should keep on writing it. I have big plans for it so yeah I need that feedback.

Thank for reading!