Chapter 40

Sorry for the long break again. My family and I were going through some tough things so writing was the least of my worries. By the way, there is only a few chapters left.

*

I woke up warm and well rested. My arms and legs stretched out as I opened my eyes. Once my vision was clear, I saw him. Right next to me lay Vic. He looked so glorious asleep.

So relaxed, so innocent.

I couldn't help but smile at the sight. It felt like him and I were floating on a fluffy white cloud. There were no worries right at this moment. It was just him and I together. Our bodies were close together, how they're supposed to be.

With my finger, I traced over his face. I started off with making a circle around his whole face. Then I moved my finger up his chin and around his lips. I traced their curves and admired their smoothness. I then glided my finger up his cheeks, stroking them ever so delicately. He was so soft, I could touch him all day.

"God, I wish I could wake up to this feeling everyday." Vic surprised me by speaking and grabbing the hand that ran over his face. He laced our fingers together before slowly fluttering his eyes open. I smiled as his eyes met mine and my heart seemed to beat a little faster. "Your smile would be enough for me to get through the day."

"Um, no, I think that's what coffee is for." I said and pressed my other hand against his chest. My fingers smoothly skimmed his chest hair as I intertwined our legs together.

"You are my coffee." He said, sending me a wink. I rolled my eyes, cuddling into his chest and closing my eyes.

We both lay there quietly for a few minutes. The only sound around was our steady breathing, no voices, just us. This is when I wish life was so simple, with no responsibilities or worries. At the same time though, I guess that would make life boring. I don't think I'd ever get bored with just Vic. Scratch that, I know I would never get bored with him.

"Are we still set for the beach with your siblings?" He asked, running his fingers in my hair.

"Yeah, what time is it right now?" I asked.

"Um, 11:03."

As soon as he said that, my eyes shot open and I sat up.

"What's the matter?" He asked, trying to pull me back down.

"We're supposed to pick up the kids from the hotel at noon and we have less than an hour to get ready and get there!" I said quickly, getting out of the bed and walking to my closet. I quickly took some clothes out and a bag to put necessities in. Since we didn't have plans for today, we had decided last night to take my brother and sister from my parents hands and hang out. Of course, we overslept and will probably be late to pick them up.

When I turned back to Vic, I saw him chilling on the bed with a smirk on his face. My eyes widen at his behavior and I stopped myself from dragging him out of bed.

"Vic, get up!" I said, throwing sunscreen, extra clothes, and towels inside the bag. "We're going to be super late if you're just laying around like that."

"Well what can I say? How am I supposed to be bothered with getting up when there is an award winning view right in front of me?" He said smoothly, making me follow where his eyes are. That's when I realized I was fully bare. I groaned and ran to the bathroom in hope of making him get up. "I'll never get over how attractive my boyfriend is!"