Chapter 22

Vic and I were going on a small little dinner date. I told him that I didn't want to go anywhere fancy though so we ended up going to Applebee's. One of my personal favorites actually. We walked in hand in hand and got seated at a booth. Our waiter then gave us the menu before leaving.

"Hm, I wonder what's good today." I said, skimming the food options on the menu.

"I've got my eye on something good actually." He said making me look up from the menu. Vic was already staring at me with that devilish smirk.

"Oh, shut up." I said with a pair of eye rolling.

I swear Vic is too much sometimes.

"So, how's the Uni going?" Vic asked.

"Eh, same old, same old. How's work?" I asked since I knew Vic had been stressing about it for a while.

"Actually, things have been going well. Remember that project I was talking about?" He asked and I nodded. "Well, sales have been going up which is great. Everything seems to be falling into place. Actually, that reminds me of something. I'm going on a business trip in a few weeks."

"Oh, really? Where to?" I asked.

"My dad and I are going down to Mexico. It'll just be a week. We're going to be meeting up with some investors and talk about future projects."

By the time Vic explained everything, our waiter came back and we ordered.

-

"That was so rude of you!" I told Vic but failed at not laughing.

"Me rude? It's not my fault that guy is an idiot. He could clearly tell that I'm your boyfriend so he had no business in checking you out." He said as we both walked out of Applebee's.

"You could've at least just walked away."

As Vic and I were leaving, one of the waiters slipped on the floor, spilling all of the drinks he was carrying. I'll admit that it was his fault for not paying attention and 'checking' me out - which is what Vic claims but I don't think so. I felt so bad for the guy that I actually stopped and helped him pick of the empty cups, whereas Vic just stood there laughing his ass as the guy died in embarrassment.

"And miss the opportunity at a view of humiliation. Nah, Kells." He said still laughing his ass off.

"Why am I even dating you?" I muttered jokingly.

"Because I'm a RSG." He said when we got to his car. Vic opened the door for me to go inside before walking to his side.

"What does that even mean?"

"Rich Sex God, duh." He said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"True, true. Maybe I should go find myself another one." I said and made a 'deep thinking' face.

Vic chuckled but instead of starting the car he turned to me and grabbed my face. With his fingers, he made me look at him dead in the eyes.

"Oh, baby. You're never leaving me," he said before quickly pressing his lips on mine. Even though I wanted to keep that small little act of ours, I gave into him and kissed him back.

A few seconds later, he pulled away and smiled at me for reals this time. Without anymore words, he pecked my lips one more time before letting go of my face and starting the car.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you free this Sunday?"

"Probably, why?" I asked.

"Well my brother is having this get together kind of thing and I was wondering if you wanted to come. You could finally meet my brother and some of my old friends."