Chapter 23

The rest of the night was something I'll have to say. After I left Vic, I spent most of my time meeting new people and hanging by Oli's side. As I spent more time with him, he felt more like a friend of mine and not just some dude I met awhile back. I didn't know how Vic felt about that but I didn't care.

Soon, the night came to a close and a lot of people were passing out - including Mike. We said our goodbyes and then headed to Vic's car. We had driven all the way to Los Angeles so we weren't going to fly back.

I could never express how anxious I felt. I wanted to know the truth about his mother. Just, everything really. I mean, who would lie about their mom in that way?

"So, did you have fun?" Vic finally spoke up.

"Yeah, I got to meet quite a lot of people and they seemed cool." I said disinterested. I just wanted the truth.

"Oh, well I'm glad." He said and then it went silent again. I sighed and turned my face to the window.

As I stared out into the night, I felt Vic's hand on my thigh. He gave it a gentle squeeze before speaking again.

"I'm sorry for lying to you. I really am," he said sincerely. I looked back at him but I didn't speak. "After what happened a few years back, I just lost total respect for my mother and considered her dead. I know it's kind of harsh, but she just really hurt me."

I listed carefully to every word that escaped his mouth. He was so pained in the inside.

"My mom has been a religious woman all her life and we grew up the way she had. Although, my father isn't like her so we had a bit more freedom. With that said, my father was okay with having a gay son but my mother was not. She made me talk to a priest about these feelings but I knew this wasn't a phase. She didn't understand that and it angered me. I loved my mother and wanted to keep her happy but not by pretending to be a straight male. So secretly I embraced my sexuality when she wasn't around. That's when I was the most happy.

I was in minor relationships but none of them ever seemed to work out. With the start of my career as the Vice President and my mom, these boyfriends never stayed for long. Everything changed in a year or less though. My mom got greatly sick quickly and there was a small percentage of her beating the sickness.

This was a big fall in our family as we watched her grow weak. Even though I was angry that she didn't accept my sexuality, I stayed by her side because I still loved her more than anything. When things didn't look so good, she asked us to make her the happiest she could humanly be. That's when I made a decision. If my mom were to leave, I'd want her to leave happy and proud of me . That's when I decided to do what would make her proud of me. I got myself a girlfriend and not just any girl, but the girl my mom always dreamed of being my wife, Lily.

Just like I thought, she was the happiest. I didn't have any feelings whatsoever towards the girl but I wanted my mom happy. Just when we all thought she was leaving us, she started to recover slowly. It might of took more than a year for her to recover but we were just happy that she was back. But now that she was better, I would have to step up my act. I knew that I couldn't just break off the relationship when she was just happier than ever. If I were to tell her the truth, without a doubt I knew she would've been hurt.

So that's how I lived for a while and I really tried to find a loop hole or something but no luck. I was in too deep. Eventually a year passed by and my mom was already talking about me proposing. I was terrified but she insisted and before I knew it, I was engaged."

My mouth dropped and I really didn't want to know if he had already been married.

"I got married at the age of twenty-seven."