Chapter 32

I should've listened to my conscious. I should've listened about not getting too crazy last night! Fuck, now I'm a mess.

I was way hungover and it was past three o'clock. The thing is that I can't exactly just move my moving day for tomorrow. I absolutely need to be at Los Angeles today because I'm meeting up with Santiago early in the morning tomorrow.

Well, I really fucked up.

I wasn't the only hungover person running around the apartment though. Justin was just like me, or maybe even worse. Nevertheless, he was here helping me get all my shit into my car. I felt bad for him helping me but he was the one that offered so I wasn't going to exactly deny it.

"Thanks for helping me again." I said for what seemed the hundredth time today. Most of the apartment was clean and ready to be turned in but I still had some boxes I needed to pack from my bedroom.

"It's no biggie, Kells." Justin shrug it off like it was nothing. He would really do anything for me.

As he placed some of my belongings inside my car, I walked over to my room and packed clothes and other random necessities. I looked under the bed and found a few things I never noticed that were under there. I'm pretty messy at times so things are bound to end up there and I'm always too lazy to pick them up.

I found a dollar bill along with some change and random pairs of socks under there. One thing definitely caught my attention though. Just by the corner, I saw a dark navy blue tie. I don't know how that ended up there but I know for sure that it isn't mine. It's his.

I gripped it, pulling it off the floor. There was a bit of dust on it, so it must've been here a pretty long time. I dusted it off and felt the smooth, silky material beneath my fingers. With a deep sigh, I kept my eyes on it. If I tried hard enough, I could picture him wearing this exact tie. Oh, how great he looked in ties and suits.

The big question was, what do I do with it? I can't just throw it away and I don't think I could return it. Maybe. . .just maybe I could keep it? Wait, no that's wrong. Way wrong to be exact. If I really want to just get over him, I need to not have one of his belongings, right? But I don't want to get over him. I still want him with all my might.

"Fuck it," I whispered and tossed the tie into the box with my things. I would deal with it later.

I shook my head as if I could clear it just like that and continued to pack. There wasn't much left to pack so I immediately carried the boxes to my car.

"I think that was the last one." I said and closed the back door of my car. My eyes squinted as I stared at my jam packed car and my apartment. Well, I'd be tuning in the keys in so it wasn't my apartment anymore.

I walked around my apartment once more, taking in the place I had lived in for most of my college life. After that, I closed the doors and turned in my keys. When I came back, I saw Justin standing by my car. At this moment, I really wanted to burst into tears again. I wasn't alone though.

"God, I'm gonna miss you." Justin said, quickly wrapping his arms around my figure.

"I'm going to miss you so much, too." I said and hugged the crap out of him. "Thank you for always being here for me. I love you, bro."

"Fuck, man! I love you too." He said, and I could practically feel him trying not to cry. I laughed at this, making him laugh too. "You're gonna be fucking great for that musical. I better have a front row ticket for the show!

I chuckled and nodded.

"Don't worry, you will."

We hugged a little more until it was really time for me to leave. I walked to my side of the car and got inside. Justin waved at me from the curb and I sadly smiled. I waved back, and then before I knew it, I drove away from my best friend. Not only did I drive away from him, but I also drove away from my life at San Diego. I was going to start new now.

I couldn't help the tears that slid down my cheeks as I got on the highway. This was really happening. I was moving to Los Angles and leaving everyone behind.

-

Traffic was terrible was all I had to say. It wasn't even that long of a drive but I repeat again, traffic was terrible. The sky was dark and all I really wanted now was to sleep but I wasn't fully where I needed to be yet.

I planned that I would stay at a hotel for a few days while I search for apartments. There were a few that caught my eye but now all I need is to look at them and their prices.

The road slowly but surely started to get lonely. I was off the highway and now I was out on the streets. At the same time though, I wasn't close to the city. There wasn't much around to be honest but I knew that maybe within twenty to thirty minutes I would find some sort of hotel. Hopefully because it was kind of intimidating.

I swear though, maybe I'm just the most unluckiest man in the earth. Things were going smoothly but of course life got bored and decided to take a card on what should happen next. That card resulting in vehicle breaking down. One moment I was driving peacefully and now I can see smoke coming out from the engine.

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

Immediately I pulled into the side of the road. I came out and opened the hood, letting out all the grey smoke out into the air, making me cough.

Shit, what am I supposed to do? I mean I can't fix it by myself. Sadly I don't know much about cars as much as I probably should so basically I'm fucked.

I walked back to the drivers seat and got my phone. I searched for what was near and just as I expected, the results weren't the best. The closest was a restaurant which was about 10 miles. I mean, there were houses around but I don't really feel like knocking on their doors this late in the day.

I searched for those car repair places, but the closest one was closed at the moment so they wouldn't be able to get here until morning. Well shit, should I just walk and hope I find something? No, not with this still apparent headache.

Should I just wait until morning? The meeting with Santiago is at eight o'clock so would I be on time? No, I don't think so. If I could reschedule with Santiago that would be nice but he said it absolutely had to be tomorrow. So what the fuck do I do? If only there was someone that lived in the area that I could call for help.

I thought about the not so great options when something, or more like someone came into mind. 

Oliver.

No, I can't call him. What if he lived far away? Heck, we've only spoke like twice! He gave me his number if I ever wanted to hang out with him, not for if I ever needed help. It would just be so selfish if I did that.

But fuck I'm so desperate. All I would ask is for a lift to a hotel or something. That's still so selfish but oh well, I could give it a shot, right?

Dialing Oli. . .

*

Lol

I'm so done with life. I have a ton shit of homework and I really don't feel like doing non of it. WHY CANT MY HOMEWORK JUST BE TO READ GAY SMUT????

and I'm so sleepy ahahsjkcivjjwndjvifj THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SLEEP AT THREE AM

anyways, thanks for reading and commenting and voting!! Love you guys :)