Chapter 36

I'm back :) sorry for the long ass wait
*
I don't know if I should feel nervousness right now as I wait for Vic to arrive, but I did. It wasn't just that either. I couldn't get comfortable and paced around the house, finding things to take my mind off everything. I was just nervous, or even afraid of what would happen in a while. Would loose ends be tied, and if they did, how?

I mean, this was literally a make it or break it deal. Did I want to go through it? Well, that would have to be a yes and a no. I just wanted an end to this all.

Oli was here but he was going to leave to give us privacy. I thanked him for it because even though this was his home, he was still doing this for me. Besides, I don't want to know how Vic would react. Maybe he let go of that jealousy. But who am I kidding? Even if he did, when he knows - that's if I tell him - that Oli had been my one night stand, I'm sure he won't be all that ecstatic. He might of said that he didn't care over the phone, but I know that's a lie.

Just when I went to get up and get a drink, the doorbell stopped my actions. It must've been him of course. As I started to make my way to the front door, I could really feel the nerves kicking in.

You can do this, Kellin. You're both going to talk and sort of the whole problem. Everything will be okay.

I put my hand on the bronze doorknob and took a deep breath in. It's now or nothing.

After opening the door, I was met with the man I was crazy in love with. The man I'd want to be by my side for all eternity. The man that clouds my head every second of the day. The man that is everything I'd ever want in my future husband. The man that changed my life unexpectedly and became a part of me. The man that can so easily tear me to shreds, but make my heart explode with love.

"Hey," he said softly. It was such a simple and small word, but it was enough to make my heart swell just a little more. His voice was just exquisitely perfect, a feature of his that I had fallen in love with. God, who could ever get used to his voice?

His hands were shoved into his pockets, and he wore a timid smile. Was he nervous? Was his heart beating as fast as mine was? What filled his thoughts after I left him?

For a second there I forgot I was standing in front of him, wordless. I shook my head a little after realizing my actions and blinked.

"Hi, uh. . .come in." I said and moved away from the doorway so he could walk inside.

Vic walked in, and I shut the door behind him. I led him down to the living room where I thought we could talk everything out.

I really like Oli, I really do, but he walked out from the kitchen just as we reached the living room. I mentally faced palmed and saw Oli smile awkwardly. He was about to leave, I could tell because his car keys were in one hand. My eyes shifted to Vic's and what I saw was something I wished I hadn't. It wasn't anger, but it was close to it. Annoyance or irritating would fit better.

"You're staying with him and you didn't think to mention it on the phone?" Vic asked, staring straight at Oli.

"I knew you wouldn't of been okay with so I just wanted to prevent a fight over the phone."

Vic said nothing and Oli eyed me nervously. I gave him a sad smile and mouthed the word 'sorry'. Oli shrug it off before turning to Vic.

"Well, uh I guess I'll leave you two-"

"Wait a minute," Vic interrupted Oli, making him completely stop. He eyed Oli suspiciously with pursed lips, almost with disgust. I prayed nothing would happen but when does that ever work? "So you've been living here since you've came?"