Chapter 21

Kind of a filler chapter :// but it had to be doNE

I was back to the old routine of sleeping, going to class, eating, practicing, eating some more, and then sleeping. After more than a week of being at paradise, we had to leave. All I can say though is that those days were the best days of my life. Every single day was incredible, especially the last few days of spring break. That weekend Vic and I went to the Ultra Music Festival. One of the best things I've ever attended.

This whole break was just perfect and I couldn't be more glad it was spent with Vic. He didn't have to do everything he did for me, but he did and I'm so thankful for that. He really made my last Spring Break worth remembering.

But now I had to take out the Florida out of me and focus on school and the club again. The first day of coming back was probably the hardest because I had gained so much more weight of just eating pure delicious junk. Better hit the gym soon.

Other than that, everything went back to normal.

"Yeah, but if it wasn't for stupid Alex and Jack, we would've never gotten kicked out of our hotel. I swear those two on alcohol are mental patients, no offense to actual mental patients."

Justin was in the middle of telling me how one night in Los Angeles after going out clubbing and getting completely smashed, they went back to the hotel and went to the pool after hours. That turned out to be a huge mistake because Alex and Jack soon started running around naked while shouting random stuff in the hallways. Before they got caught they had the genius idea of pulling the fire alarm. Oh yes, fucking genius.

"That's why you need to handcuff them to chairs," I said and Justin muttered an 'I know' but said that it was still funny.

Before Justin and I went inside of my apartment, I stopped to get my mail. There was a whole bunch of shit in there that it was practically so hard to take it all out. When I managed to pull everything out, we walked into my apartment. I started to look through the envelopes and papers to see what I had. My eyes widen when I saw a particular envelope.

"Remember how I was sending some videos of myself dancing to see if I got an audition for dumb commercials?" I asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" He asked.

"I got a response back." I said before quickly opening it.

I had sent those videos a long time ago and completely forgot about the whole auditions thing since they took forever. I wonder when this arrived. Probably during spring break or something.

"Well, what does it say?" He said curiously.

I skimmed the letter quickly until I found what I needed. Turns out I had an audition! It was a really short notice too because the audition was this weekend and I had to come up with a dance. Oh well.

"I got an audition." I said with a laugh.

"Congrats, Kells. For what commercial is it?"

"Thanks, but I'm not going to tell you because you'll make fun of me. It's an Insurance Company though. That's all you're going to get," I said and struggled to hide the grin from just reading the name.

Geico

"Oh, come on you're no fun!" He sighed out loud.

"But you love me." I countered back.

"Not right now, I don't."

I blew him a kiss and flipped my hair. He caught the kiss but then opened the trash bin and tossed it in there. Rude.

-

It was the morning of the audition. Fucking great. I'll have to say I was more or less nervous about the whole thing. It wasn't my first time for one of these type of gigs but still, there was a whole shit load of people here to audition too. They are probably way more talented.

Yep, setting myself up for failure.

Once we were let inside of the building where the auditions would be held, everyone started to stretch and so did I. I went to an empty corner and sat down.

I shook my legs from side to side before pulling one of my legs back as I laid down. After ten seconds, I released my leg and did the same to the other.

"Nervous?" A male voice spoke beside me.

I turned to see a guy doing a similar stretch. He smiled at me, showing off his perfect white teeth and dimples. I'll have to say, he was quite attractive. His hair was the color of chocolate brown with a few blonde highlights. It was styled into a small quiff and his skin was slightly bronzed.

"Eh, yeah I guess." I shrug in response. "What about you?"

"I could say the same thing actually." He said adding a nervous chuckle at the end. "By the way, I'm Ethan."

"I'm Kellin," I introduced myself back before sending him a smile.

As we stretched and people went in for the audition, we talked and I found out that we kind of had a bunch in common. Ethan was really friendly and I liked that. Unfortunately, he got called sooner than I'd liked, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

I better not trip or fall. That would be so embarrassing. Shit, Kellin get your head out of your ass. You can do this.

Just as I tried to boost my confidence, I got called. I stood up before walking with the lady into the back. There was a small stage with a spotlight in the middle. Before I went up stage, I turned in the Cd that had the song I would use. Once that was done, I walked towards the light. There was a table in front with three people sitting down.

"Kellin Quinn?" The man asked.

"Yes," I simply said.

"Okay, you may begin."

I waited for the music to start before I started to move. Over the years I got used to always dancing and using a poll at the same time, which got me feeling like I was missing something every time I just danced. But eventually I just shook the feeling away and moved my body to the rhythm of the music.

The dance routine I had prepared wasn't that long because we had a time limit so just as fast as I arrived, I left. There was no applause or no comment on my dancing which I expected. They just said that they would consider and that's when I was released.

I walked back to where the other dancers waited and saw Ethan. He saw me immediately and waked towards me.

"How'd it go?" He asked.

"Eh, I hit my routine like planned. I couldn't really tell what they thought about it though."

"I'm sure they liked it."

"I hope so."

*

Yeet filler chappie but I kinda had to put it in :(

Sorry it's also a Vic-less chapter too lol

Votes: 70

Comments: 24