Chapter 16

I was studying, or more like stu-dying. I'm going to have several tests before spring break officially starts and it's killing me. I can say that I'm not the brightest star out in the sky so it was hard to try to remember several things. There were a lot of things I still didn't understand and even after reading them over and over, I always seemed to forget.

It was pain to spend my evenings like this but I had no other choice. Part of me - or even most of me - wanted to spend time with Vic or friends but I couldn't. I was just stuck in my little apartment or even at the library even though I'm not quite fond of it.

The other day I tried studying over at Vic's place but I couldn't do it. It was nice to be with him but he was too much of a distraction. Vic didn't do anything really because he knew I had to work on my stuff but even like that he was a distraction. How am I supposed to sit and read when there is a God in front of me?

So I gave up trying to study at his place and decided to just do it at home. And that was me right now. Just sitting down in an uncomfortable desk chair and read the countless chapters of my textbook.

Just as I decided to make myself a sandwich, my cellphone went off. I looked at the screen to see it was my mom.

"Hey, mom." I said into the speaker.

"Hey, sweetie. How you doing?" She asked and I smiled at the sound of her voice.

"Well, I'm crazy studying for testing next week. But other than that, pretty good actually. How about you and the others?"

"Yeah, things have been good around here. But tell me, anything new in my lil' Kellin's life?" She asked.

"Actually, yeah there's something new." I said and didn't stop the grin plastered on my face. My mom didn't know about Vic. "I'm in a relationship."

"Ooh, really?! Tell me about him!" She squealed loudly.

"His name is Vic and he's a little older than me."

"How old is he?"

"Twenty eight."

"Eh, seven year difference isn't too bad." She said and I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "How'd you two meet?"

My family didn't know about my job at the club. I knew that if I told them what I did, they would get the wrong idea and think that I'm a stripper or a prostitute when I'm not that.

"Just at the bar. A couple friends and I were out one night and by chance I bumped into him. After that we kind of just hit it off immediately and became friends. We became official just a few weeks ago." I tried my best to lie.

"Wow, better love story than twilight." She joked and made me laugh.

"Totally."

"But anyways, what does he do?" She asked.

"He's the Vice President of a company. Well, it's like a family company, Fuentes Food Inc. His dad is the President of it."

"Businessman, huh? Mom likey," she said but I rolled my eyes. "I'm kidding."

I talked more about Vic to give her a feel of how he is. We probably talked for a longer time than intended but I guess I got carried away with talking about Vic.

"Vic seems great, Kellin. Hope I get to meet him one day." She said and I lightly smiled.

"Yeah, I hope you meet him too."

"Well, it's getting pretty late over here and I don't want to bother you anymore from studying."

"No, please bother me! I don't want to do this," I whined like a five year old but I just heard her chuckle.

"Oh be quiet, Kellin. Just remember that passing these classes means one step closer to graduating."

"Yes, sir." I said jokingly at her words.

"Alrighty, I'll talk to you soon, Hun."

"Yeah, tell the rest of family I say hi."

"Sure will, sweetie. Good luck on your testing. I know you'll do great."

"Thanks, mom. Love you."

"Love you too, Kellin."

And then just like that the call ended. I slumped back on my chair and looked at my desk and at all the papers spread out. It was ten o'clock. Yep, this was going to be another long boring night.

-

The next morning, I stopped to get some coffee before my class. It was way to early for this shit but I have to get through this. Just as I walked to the building where my class is, my phone buzzed in my pocket.

From: Vic

Good Morning babe. Just wanted to wish you luck for your exam this morning. You don't need the luck because you're already brilliant but whatever. Anyways, I have a surprise for you but I won't tell you just yet so don't even ask. I'm sure you'll love it tho ;) I surely can't wait.

Vic was too sweet. I can't believe he even remembered that I had a test today. He just has a really good memory I guess then.

What surprise could he be talking about though? Ugh, it wasn't such a smart move to drop this bomb right now when I'm just minutes from taking a test. Damn you Vic!

To: Vic

Aw thanks, Viccy. But ugh really!?!? Can't you at least give me one hint or something?

I texted back quickly and waited for his reply.

From: Vic

Viccy, huh? I don't like it but sure I'll give you one hint. It'll be very fun ;)

I rolled my eyes at his vagueness. That still doesn't help with my confusion as to what the surprise could be.

To: Vic

Really?!?! You're so mean, Viccy.

From: Vic

;)

With a sigh, I turned off my phone and put it in my pocket. I kept walking until I reached my class and immediately sat down. I took out some papers and prepared myself for the hell I'd have to endure in a while. But my thoughts soon wandered back to the one and only Vic.

What could Vic possible be planning?

*

You guys are cray! Jk but thanks for all the votes and comments and follows. It really means. ALOT HASJJSJDJED

ANYWAYS, thoughts on story so far. What do you think Vic is planning?

Votes: 46

Comments: 10

For next update!