Chapter 17

I drove eagerly to my apartment after my last class was over. It was finally over! Spring break was here and I couldn't be happier. I was going to have time off the club for this break which meant I would just relax as much as I wanted. Just as I drove away from campus, I received a text from Vic saying to go to my place instead of his place. It was a little confusing but either way I drove to my apartment.

That's another thing. Vic still hadn't told me about the surprise he had talked about on Monday. It was killing me to not know so I hope he tells me soon or else I'll have to somehow take it out of him.

After a few minutes, I reached my apartment. I parked beside Vic's car that was already here and go out. When I reached my front door, I didn't see Vic outside. I had told him that I always left a spare key under the mat so he probably remembered.

The door was already unlocked so I walked straight in my home, closing the door behind me. I saw no Vic until I reached the small living room.

"Hi," I said and pecked his lips lightly.

"Hey, baby." He said before giving me a quick hug.

"So, what's up with the whole 'come to your place instead of mine'?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Remember that surprise I said I had for you?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, and you're killing me with your silence. Can you tell me?! Please!" I pleaded and gave him my best puppy eyes.

Vic laughed at me before reaching inside of his black blazer. He took out a full white envelope before giving it to me. My face twisted in confusion as I took it in my hands. It felt kind of odd with the things inside. The texture was just really weird.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Open it," he said.

With that, I tore up the envelope and took out the small things that were inside. First thing I took out was a seashell. There was sand scattered inside and a few glow sticks. Lastly there was a card with the words 'sunshine state' and the smallest bottle of Vodka I had ever seen.

What the fuck was this?

"I don't get it," I said unsure of what his motives were.

"Okay, let me narrow it down for you. What's the 'Sunshine State'?" He asked which was a no brainer.

"Florida," I said and looked at the objects in my hands.

Vodka, glow sticks, sand, seashells. . .

Okay so sand and shells mean beach. Vodka and glow sticks mean. . .party?

What the hell?

"Okay, so you're talking about Florida, the beach, and parties? I feel so stupid but I don't get what you're talking about." I said making Vic chuckle. God I'm so dumb.

"We're going to Florida!" He said and smiled.

Wait, did I hear him correctly?

"What?"

"We're going to Florida, Kellin!" He shouted and then laughed.

My mouth dropped but I was still confused. Ugh.

"Why?" I asked making him roll his eyes.

"It's spring break, duh! You said you wanted to do something fun and adventuress so I thought that we could go over there for spring break since you know, it gets pretty wild over there."

My mouth dropped and I dropped the things in my hand. Everything made sense now. Holy shit!

"No way!" I shouted out.