Chapter 11

"GET BACK HERE YOU UGLY WHORE!" Screams my mother as she drags me into the basement

She begins to pick up a knife as I scream out for help but she just laughs.

"You think you could try telling someone about me abusing you? What did you think? I wasn't going to find out?" She questions twirling the knife in her hand looking like a psycho.

"ANSWER ME YOU SLUT!" She shouts cutting into my stomach.

"Stop please, I'm sorry I won't do it again." I beg but she ignores me.

"No one cares about you. No one loves you. If you were actually loved you wouldn't be here right now." She says

No one loves me why am I even here. I hate myself. I want to die.

"You are a waste of oxygen. I WISH YOU WERE DEAD!" She shrieks in my face.

I wish I was dead too. She cuts into me again as I scream out loud.

"Shut up before I give you something to scream about!" she smirks as she begins to kick me in my ribs repetitively.

She then grabs my neck as I claw at her hands trying to breath.

"Stop please. I'm sorry." I whimpered out trying to pry her hands of me.

I'm weak, I can't even get her hand of me. I deserve this.

I feel a numbness start to spread through my body as I begin passing out.

"Liliana!"
"Liliana what's wrong."
"Wake up bambina I'm right here!"

"No one loves you, you deserve death!" She states.

I hear a bunch of voices but the sound of my mother overpowers them.

I begin to feel someone shake me and I realise I'm stuck in another dream.

"Bambina listen to my heart beat. You can do it. Your so strong." I hear someone say.

I'm weak I want to kill myself.

Just as I see my mother's hand come across my face my eyes fly open and I jump up.

I look around seeing all my brothers concerned faces as I realise I am covered in a layer of sweat.

I start crying uncontrollably as I grip onto the thing closest to me which happens to be Angelo. Trying to find some comfort as I feel safe with them.

"Shhh. It's ok we are here. You are safe. Don't cry principessa." He whispers sweet nothings into my ear as I begin to relax and stop crying.

"Now tell me, what was that nightmare about." Valentino asks with a worried face.

As the movie finishes we all sit there talking

As the movie finishes we all sit there talking. While, chatting we begin to hear cry's for someone to stop and we all look at each other before running upstairs with our guns out.

We can't lose you again bambola.

Storming into the room we look around to see everything in the right place but when we look at the bed our hearts drop.

There lays Liliana in the big bed thrashing around begging for something to stop.

I run up to her and lay her head in my lap as she starts scratching her neck as if something is cutting her airway.

This is definitely not a normal nightmare I look up at Valentino because he is a doctor and he looks at me with concern.

Seeing her scratching her neck everyone begins shouting her name trying to wake her up.

"Liliana!"
"Liliana what's wrong."
"Wake up bambina I'm right here!"

"Bambina listen to my heart beat. You can do it. Your so strong." I say holding her to my chest.

"I'm weak I want to kill myself." She whispers to herself but I being so close to her hear it which breaks my heart.

I shake her as she jumps up and scans the room. After seeing everyone she starts crying hugging me to her tight. As if I was going to vanish.

I hold her just as tight wanting this to all be a sick joke my bambino can't be hurting this much.

"Shhh. It's ok we are here. You are safe. Don't cry principessa." I begin whispering sweet nothings into her ear as she slowly relaxes in my grip and stops crying.

"Now tell me, what was that nightmare about." Valentino asks her and I feel her tense.

She hides her face into my chest as I rub her back.

"Principessa please can you tell me what that nightmare was about I just want to take care of you." I beg her wanting to kill whoever did this to her.

"F-fine." She sobs as we all stay quiet waiting to know what happened she takes a deep breath in.

"W-when I l-lived in the other h-house. O-our m-mother and m-my st-stepfather used t-to a-abuse me." She says hiccuping in between each word.

Hearing this my whole world shatters as tears come into my sight. How could she go through this without me realising.

I hurriedly wipe my eyes not wanting her to see me cry as that could cause her to feel bad about telling us.

"You are the strongest person I know." Valentino whispers to her as I remember they are all standing here with us.

I look up at Luca and Matteo to see them in tears and I could see Matteo felt so guilty. I'm going to need to talk to him later before he starts blaming himself.

When she was stolen from us he was the most affected as him and Liliana used to be so close because of the age gap between them.

I demand for everyone to leave the room as I sit hugging Liliana into my chest.

"Why does no one love me Angelo. I want to kill myself." She says starting to cry again.

"Shh, don't say stuff like that I love you so much please don't think like that." I whisper as a tear leaves my eye.

"Come on lay back down you should probably go back to sleep now." I say wanting to call dad.

"What- what if I have another ni-nightmare." She tells me, worry laced into her voice as she looks up at me.

"How about I lay here with you. Okay." I compromise laying down with her.

"Okay." She whispers falling asleep gripping onto my shirt as I took my blazer of before the movie.

After she falls asleep, I message dad telling him what just happened and what she told us.

Walking downstairs, I see all my brothers sitting tense while Matteo silently cry's in the corner.

I walked up to him and pulled him into a hug. Seeing everyone's eyes on us.

"Don't cry it's not your fault you didn't know." I say comfortingly as he stops crying.

"I shouldn't have said all that stuff to her I just didn't want you all to forget about me now that she is the youngest." He says still hugging me.

"It's ok, we could never forget about you. Your still our little brother." I assure him wanting today to be over.

"Someone should probably go lay down with her so she doesn't have another nightmare." Valentino says looking around.

"I will go lay with her for now." Lorenzo states getting up.

I am slightly shocked before she came he barely ever talked let alone wanted to spend time with anyone. He was always in his room or doing work for the mafia.