Chapter 64

Angelo swerves the car out of the car park and onto the road at rapid speed

What is going on?

He looks worried. Everyone does.

I contemplate asking what's wrong but go against it as the fear continues washing over me.

Valentino puts the phone up to his ear as the car fills with a tense silence.

"Get everyone home now!" Valentino orders sternly into the phone as Angelo looks back at him through the rear view mirror.

As we listen to him talk, I notice he doesn't sound as panicked as he should be instead he sounds demanding.

We continue driving fast as Valentino gazes out the window once more.

"We have a tail" he states, in a monotone. In response angelo swerves the car to the right causing me to slide in my seat as we enter an alleyway which doesn't look like it is meant for cars.

I look behind and I see two black SUVs following us however this time they are not ours.

The car is completely black with the windows blending in as they have been blacked out so I can't see inside.

The number plate of the SUV has been removed making me believe whatever this is has been planned.

We keep going down a series of roads and back alleys, but fail to loose our tail.

I look back and see no cars following us!

Finally we lost them.

Thank god! That's was the scariest thi-

bang!

My thoughts are interrupted by a gunshot causing my ears to begin ringing.

"Get down!" Angelo orders and I do so without questioning him.

I know right first time for everything.

This isn't the time for your jokes which are not funny.

Valentino covers me with his arm and I stay as still as I can.

I can feel the car turning in all directions, as we go over bumps and swerve multiple times.

The loud bang from the guns causing me to squeeze my eyes shut.

Every shot causing me to flinch as my breathing picks up.

I cover my ears as I try taking deep breaths and pushing the horrible memories away.

All I can see is my mother's face laughing wickedly as she menacingly strokes the gun.

However, this time instead of praying She just ends me already I hope she lets me live so I can spend more time with my real family. The people who care about me.