Chapter 48

I walk over to Angelo going to ask if he wants to have a quick spar session

"Bro do you want to spar?" I ask Angelo as he looks up from the boxing bag in front of him.

"Are sure you want to right now? You haven't even warmed up." Angelo responds as he stops the bag with his wrapped hands.

"What, are you scared I'm going to knock you out!" I smirk as I see the rage build from behind his eyes.

Yes! That was what I was trying achieve.

Angelo hates when someone believes they are better than him. And to be honest, he is really good and might even be more advanced than me.

"You really think you can beat me?" Angelo let's out an amused laugh as I gulp slightly.

No one scares me, after all I am one of the scariest men in the world although Angelo can sometimes be a little intimidating when he is angry.

"Okay if I win you but me a private island and if you win I will but you a private island. Deal." I put my hand out ready to shake Angelo's as we shake hands and go towards our dads.

"Dad, we're going to spar if you want to watch." I state emotionless as normal.

The only person who sees me without my wall being high is Angelo.

"Sure, get your wraps on and I'm sure the kids will all want to watch." Dad informs us as I go get the wrap to put it on.

After getting ready, we get into the boxing ring as the others around us watch.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea anymore. I haven't even warmed up and Angelo is really good.

I feel the familiar sense of adrenaline rushing in my system as i jump around a bit.

We touch gloves with a private island at stake as I push my nerves aside.

We walk around each other as I throw the first punch aiming for his stomach.

He turns right in time as I hit his side.

He swings towards my stomach as I clench my jaw taking the hit.

I throw 2 punches together as he groans in pain moving towards the corner.

He takes a step forward swinging at my nose.

Bang! My nose stinging, I wipe it to see blood escaping my nose.

I stumble back a bit as my head falls back. Tears gather in my eyes.

My vision blurs, I take a step back to regain my focus again.

We both study each other's movements. His eyes never leaving mine.

I give a strong punch to his stomach.

He grunts bending over as a hand goes down towards his stomach. His face strained, although he recovers quickly not giving me a chance to knock him down.

Sweat drips down our faces burning my eyes. The only noise around us is our grunts of pain along with the sound of our punches.

My eyes scan his body taking in his body language. My mind begins to take his pattern in as I begin understanding his moves.

He takes a step forward ready to swing at my head as I duck.

On my way up, I swing at his jaw causing his head to fly back along with his body.

"Fuck" he hissed wiping his nose as we continue circling each other.

Blood drops down his chin dropping onto the mat floors.

I take my hit seeing him deep in thought at his next move.

I bash my hand straight at his stomach as he falls onto the floor holding his stomach.

Guessing I won, I stay standing just watching him grunt in pain.

However he jumps up faster than I thought throwing a deadly punch at my gut.

The loud noise registering into my mind before a strong sting hits my stomach as I stumble back now leaning against the ropes.

I take a couple deep breaths after being winded. Every breath pains my lungs.

Angelo tries cornering me but I move too fast.

We circle each other again as I sweep my foot at his leg causing him to fall.

I punch him once more in the stomach with him still laying on the ground.

The sound of our tired breaths and hisses going through the room.

A long whistle goes off stopping our movement.

We stop our movement as I put my hand forward helping him up.

Taking my help, he stands up while dad and uncle Marco enter the ring

"You both okay?" Uncle Marco inquires as I wipe the blood from my nose.

"Yeah." We both assure them as I look over to the others.

Now that the adrenaline has died down the pain feels more intense.

"So when will my island be ready? I think We need a holiday." I smirk teasing Angelo as he roles his eyes.

To be honest, he is so much better than the last time we had a small spar session

"Haha so funny, I almost had you but you had to get up." He responds although I can tell he is joking from his tone.

While fighting we sometimes get a bit competitive leaving us both a bit injured.

Nothing to big though. I could never injure my best friend that much.

"I knew Giovanni would win! Where is my £200? Nikolo celebrates looking more excited than me.

We all laugh at Nikolo as me and Angelo take our wraps off wiping our faces on the towel Dominico handed us.

"I think it's time for everyone to take a shower and get to bed." Grandma walks in unaware of what just happened.

When we were younger we were always told stories about grandma and grandpa.

Apparently, Grandma was the best assassin in the entire world and would kill people daily.

And grandpa used to be the scariest in the world. No one would even look his way afraid they would catch his eye leaving them dead.

A chorus of 'okay' went around the room as everyone began retreating back upstairs.

"Angelo is there any paperwork that needs to be done for tonight?" I question as we both walk towards our rooms.

"No I don't think so." He shortly replies as I can tell he is tired from the long day we have had.

"It's already really late we can finish the work tomorrow." Angelo assures me as we get outside our rooms.

I nod opening my door and walking in as I turn the lights on.

I walk to my bathroom and undress getting into the shower.

As the steamy, hot water glides down my body my muscles relax. The red tinted water going down the drain as it takes the pain with it.

After my shower, I brush my teeth changing into some grey joggers and get comfortable in my bed drifting off to sleep.

New chapter! How was the first Giovanni POV.
Thank you all soo much for 140k I never thought I would get this many reads! 💖💖