Chapter 74

I wake up with a big yawn and stretch of my arms as my eyes squint to look around

I hate how bright it is in the mornings.

That's your fault I told you to shut the curtain last night idiot.

Yeah well I was tired and my bed was calling me.

My eyes slowly adjust to the blinding light as I pick my phone up and scroll through TikTok for 5 minutes.

I know 5 minutes will end with 10 as this app is so addicting.

I should really delete it.

Finally after 20 minutes of TikTok's I get of the bed and make my way into the bathroom brushing my teeth and splashing my face as I tie my hair up into a messy bun.

I wonder why it's so quiet today? It's already 8 so they can't be asleep.

I walk down the stairs as I begin to hear hushed voices.

"We should be back by tonight, don't worry to much and try to make sure Liliana doesn't worry while still having an eye out for us." Angelo declares in an assertive tone as I make my way to the 5th stair where everyone can finally see me.

As I step down everyone's eyes snap to me and an uncomfortable silence fills the room.

"What's happening?" I question looking to dad and Angelo as the just stand there.

"We need to go on a mission, you will be staying here and we should be back by tonight." Dad hesitatingly informs me with a huff as I nod slowly taking it in.

There leaving, the only people who actually cared for me are leaving.

"Don't go, what if something happens." I try to reason as I blink back the tears.

They are going to leave like everyone always ends up doing.

They probably don't want you anyway.

It was probably all a lie.

"Liliana." Angelo says coming closer as he holds onto my shoulder comfortingly and I just lean in to his warm touch.

"I promise we will be back later." Angelo declares staring into my eyes with his emotions on display for me.

The emotion that shone through, more than anything else was the love he held for me and sadness he received from looking into my watering eyes.