Chapter 68

I jump up so fast gasping for air as the beeping in my ear goes wild and I feel dizzy from sitting up so fast

What the fuck is happening?

I feel a restraint on my hands causing me to look down first to see a bunch of wires on my hand as someone begins lightly pushing me to lay down, however, I flinch away hard squeezing my eyes shut as I pull my hands to cover my head.

Nothing happens so I slowly pull my hands away to look up, and I see dad and 2 doctors who I haven't seen before.

The look in dads eyes shows a wash of hurt but vanishes as quick as it came.

My throat feels as if it's clogging up as I take harsh breaths and the beeping sound increases causing the doctors to jump into action.

Suddenly, the door swings open as my eyes snap towards the entrance to see a disoriented Angelo run in to stand beside dad on the left side of the bed.

"Princess." Angelo whispers more to himself as I finally take in his state.

His eyes are bloodshot and he has dark bags underneath them.

I then turn my gaze to dad noticing he has the same worried expression across his face along with the bags and bloodshot eyes.

"Where- where?" I begin as I take in a deep breath looking around.

My words could leave my mouth from my dried throat.

Angelo notices my croaky voice so he fills a glass full of water and helps me to drink it, slowly.

The cold water glides down my throat easing the pain a bit.

The doctor places a mask over my face before I can try say more and a gush of air races to my lungs helping slow down my breathing.

I feel the oxygen pump around my body allowing me to breath more easily.

"Hey ana, you feeling ok?" Angelo asks kindly, the worry still etched across his face as the emotionless facade disappears.

I start to nod however, the oxygen mask gets pulled from the small action causing me to stop immediately as I was worried I would fall back into a panic attack.

He replies with a small smile, as I look around the room. Suddenly, I realise I have no idea how I got here and not wanting to take off the oxygen mask I give him a confused look.

Angelo returns the confused expression as he came closer to hold my hand, needing to feel the slight comfort I put out my hand also.

"Principessa, you were poisoned which caused you to pass out and you have been in a coma for a few days." Dad interrupts.

Suddenly, the events that occurred fell on me like a whole fucking building