Chapter 22: The Gift

Chapter 22:

The Gift

Mitchie's.

"Happy birthday, Mitchie!

You just turned 17 today. I wish you all the good things in life! Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. We are not just a best friend, we also treat each other as sisters. You made me feel grateful and blessed just by being in my life. And you know what, I wanna tell you a story…

Once a upon a time, there is a girl sitting in one of the branches of a tree while studying. There is also a girl who is sitting in the trunk of a tree while singing. Description pa lang parang alam na natin who is who, diba?"

I chuckled and continued reading.

"I was busy scanning my notes and studying for the upcoming exam when you sat in the trunk without knowing that there is also someone sitting at the branch of the tree. Kaya bigla kang nag-ingay at kumanta. Para kang nagvovocalization at napatakip na lang ako sa tenga ko dahil wala akong maintindihan sa binabasa ko dahil sa ingay mo. So I came down from the tree and scolded you. You got scared and shocked. I was also shocked as well for the behavior I showed.

"Dahil nga mga bata pa tayo nun, bigla kang umiyak dahil nasigawan kita. I panicked and comforted you. Pero ayaw mong matigil. So I apologized repeatedly. I did not mean to shout at you. Sa murang edad pa lang kasi, may pinoproblema na ako sa bahay namin kaya sa'yo ko siguro nabuhos lahat, but that wouldn’t be an excuse.

"May dumating na ice-cream vendor kaya tinawag ko. Nilibre kita ng ice-cream at doon ka lang tumigil umiyak. After eating your ice-cream, you gave me a smile and muttered your, "thank you," as if nothing happened.

"Going back from that day, I have no idea that a complete stranger like you would have a big impact in my life. Thank you, Mitchie. For making me realize so many things. In our friendship, I found love, care and honesty. Expect me to stay with you for a lifetime and please also do the same with me. I believe that you are my lifetime bestfriend at marami pa tayong magagawa sa lifetime na ito ng magkasama.

"Through tears and joy, always remember that I will always be here in every journey of your life. I love you so much, Mitchie! You can always run to me whenever you have a problem or you're upset about something. We will always find ways to figure it out.

"God bless your heart and soul with the loving spirit and grace of the Lord. I hope we made you happy in your day. Just always plaster a smile in your face cus it suits you. 💋"

At ayun nga, napaluha na naman ako! I turned the book in the next page at puro pictures na namin ni Kylie simula pagkabata hanggang sa umabot kami sa edad na 'to.

Nakakatuwa lang balikan ang mga memories na 'yon and now we're really getting old. Almost a decade had passed at nakakatuwa dahil hanggang ngayon magkaibigan pa rin kami ni Kylie. It also happened on my birthday. Sa isang parke iyon kung saan parehas kaming nandoon. Iyon ang unang araw na nagkakilala kami... and then we became friends, classmates, and the rest is history.

Sobrang ganda ng pagkagawa ni Kylie sa libro, puno ng designs at messages na talagang nagpa-iyak sa ‘kin ng maraming beses. Umiiyak ako habang may malapad na ngisi sa labi sabay magpupunas ng luha. Ganoon lang ang ginagawa ko hanggang sa makaabot sa dulo ng libro.

I took a picture of the book na ginawa ni Kylie especially for me. It is full of our memories that worth to be treasured. I posted the picture in my Instagram and tagged Kylie in the photo.

Nagkaroon din kami ng picture kaninang apat gamit ang camera ni Ace pero wala pa sa'kin ang picture at ipopost na lang daw ni Ace sa facebook iyon.