Chapter 2

Reading articles on my phone, apart from the ones that have my name in the title the rest seem to be about all the names we are expected to see at this festival. Too many names actually - but this is the biggest this festival has ever been.

I avoid any articles on my ex-band. I have some terrible relationships with some of 'em - apart from Lil who I have knowns long since before Ash. Kindergarten days were always the fondest of memories and I met Ashley when both me and Lil's parents decided to travel to the big city.

In the end, my mom and her dad re-married so calling each other brother and sister wouldn't be wrong but it just never stuck with us.

Letting out a sigh as I am starting to find articles I read through yesterday I drop my phone on the table as I turn back to my food. Eating what little is left I spot a pair of ears, dropping my gaze knowing that it won't be who I think it is I keep my eyes to myself.

Swallowing the last bit of food, I take a sip as my eyes travel back ahead of me - only to see a smile. One that is riddled with disbelief and relief... almost like you saw someone you thought was dead.

"I can't believe it's you," she covers her mouth with her hand.

"Please don't cry-"

She snorts as she shakes her head at me, "I would never, dumbass," she then gestures to the table, "Can I?"

"If the benevolent and beautiful goddess of pop would dare sit across a scoundrel like myself."

The joke doesn't quite land as she furrows her brow, "(Y/N)-"

"It's a joke," I stop her, then gesture to the seat across from me, "Of course, you can sit down."

She elegantly lowers herself into the chair, resting her arms on the table as she begins, "You look good."

I nod, "I've definitely looked worse," then with a chuckle, "Ah sorry... I can't keep the jokes at bay sometimes."

She shakes her head, "Coping mechanisms and all," then she gives me a pained look, "But really... last time anybody said anything about you - It looked like you were on whatever drug you could possibly find. I am happy to see you pulled yourself out of that hell."

"Been sober for a few months now actually," then lifting my shoulders, "Kinda. Still have to smoke occasionally to work with the nerves but no point in being overly ambitious and die from withdrawals."

"Nobody is going to blame you-"

"Kinda did, for everything that I didn't do along with everything I did do," then with a sigh, "We can not talk about it, yeah? It might be well past me but it doesn't make it any funner to discuss."

"Sorry," she nods, then fixes her mood, "What are you doing here anyway? Did Lilly buy you that VIP pass?"

Shaking my head, "A gift from the people hosting this event," I then look at with a snort, "To say sorry for all the shit I have been through, I guess this is as good as gets... plus Lil made me promise to come out today and the rest of the weekend."

"So I will definitely be seeing you all weekend, good."

Arching my brow at her, "Sounds like you missed me."

"Of course I did," she rolls her eyes, "Making contact with you was hard enough, between that, being busy with my own preparations, and not knowing when you would have gotten rehab it was all a terrible mess of things."

I then remarked, "And your boyfriend?"

The question catches her off-guard, "(Y/N)-"

"I'm just asking, I remember love is something that takes away almost all your time, whether you like it or not," I then take another sip of my coffee.

She sighs, "Sorry, my reaction is just out of annoyance. After all, you wouldn't know if I were dating anyone unless you were reading or listening to the news."

I nod, "Some weird things on there. Akali and Eve are seen at multiple events together, the K/DA popstars host a private party just for the four of them, Ahri seeing someone new, Kai'Sa refuses to comment on who her partner is."

She groans, "They have been at it. It doesn't matter what we do, as long as we enjoy ourselves and have proper consent," then looking me in the eye, "I am not seeing anyone in a dedicated relationship but I have been dating casually."

"Ah - the fox seeks her new prey."

She snorts, "Right?" then tilting her head at me, "That must mean you do keep an eye on us, don't you?"

I shake my head, "Everything really, I have nothing to do in my free time. It keeps me busy to just read and watch TV. Anything that keeps the brain preoccupied works."

"Music?"

"My passion for music died with Ash."

Her brow furrows, but my expression doesn't change. Maybe because I am so used to it, that I have accepted reality and for her, she'd think that I would still do music - from her perspective, it must hurt to know that the person she helped get into music gave up.

"Will you ever come back?"

I lift my shoulders, "One day, but not now. Not so soon."

"It's been three years, (Y/N)."

"Telling me to get over myself?"

Catching her off-gaurd, she takes a deep breath, "Sorry, I didn't mean to get so emotional. I mean... things still have to set in over here and you have been sitting with it since the starts... just try to go easy on the rest of us when you do speak your mind."

"I know, a lot of things changed," they still have this perception of how I am supposed to be, it must hurt to see that not only one person they cared about died that day.

Besides, Ash was their friend too.

"I am over myself," I state with a smile, "It doesn't make things all the easier. The passion died back then and it isn't something I can just... bring back, you know?"

She nods, "I hope it does come back, even if you never go back to them."

I chuckle, "I'll be doing my best, Ahri."

She then taps her fingers on the table, "Want to meet up tonight?" her eyes widen slightly as she speaks quickly, "I am not asking for what we usually did,  I just want to catch up with you and I kind of don't have time right now, I already broke schedule.."

"Like old times?" I chuckle, "You really mean to ask to unwind a bit, don't you?"

Giving me a sly smile, before chuckling, "I am being serious. I want to talk with you."

"I'll let you know," I state, "Give me your number."

"+44 676 619 6576," she recites it instantly before I could even reach for my phone, she then gestures to the phone as I grab it and put it in as she recites it one more time, "You got that?"

I nod, "Got it."

"Want to recite it? Just to make sure?"

I press the call button as her phone starts to ring in her handbag, she shakes her head at me, "That works too," she reaches for her phone as she declines the call.

"And the rest? Should I prepare myself for them?"

She shakes her head, "I don't want to force you into them so soon. I mean they would love to see you again but maybe not tonight... how about tomorrow after we perform?"

"Then we can move tonight's meeting to tomorrow, no?"

She narrows her eyes at me, almost disappointed, "Sure we can do that."

I chuckle, "See you tonight, Ahri."

She lights up, "See you tonight," then with a wave, she leaves, but it doesn't take a moment before the crowd goes insane, I spot her bodyguards escorting her through the festival.

Casually dating huh? What happened to your boyfriend then? If she is casually dating then I must have missed the break-up... then again it could be at the time when I stayed away from the media during my rehab.

As for the rest of them, I don't know at all. They are good at keeping their private life private.